one step closer to .gov control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gunbartender, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The obama Regime, growing new Goobermint Agencies ten at a time! All those political supporters need cushy new Czar positions.......

2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

How many Independent farmers are left ? All i saw in 2008 North American drive tour was corporate farms / industry, Indy's were going broke due to the cost of running equipment for what the "Board" is going to make them hard working farmers (Im one) grovel to. Then Jack the crap out of it so We pay the board there slush funding perks & compensation treats.

Sloth

3. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

There are quite a few Independents in our area. In fact, there is only one "corporate" farm and the HQ for that corp. is in the next County to the North.
    A few farms have been or are in the process of being bought up by a corp. but they primarily bought the land because they wanted mineral/gas rights. The farmers still farm the land and live there they rent the land to farm it.
    82% of the farming done here is dairy, 9% horses, 6% hogs, and 3% other. One local family owned dairy has been buying up quite a few farms in our area. Mostly ones that come on the market due to the old timer passing away. What this family has done is buy the dairy operations then let the spouse that was left stay as long as they want. A couple places he ended up tearing the old houses down after the old woman passed away while others he would rent out the house and use the barns and land.
    Farming is all many of these folks know. They were born on a farm (if you get a patient room on the back side of the local hospital, you will be looking at 500 acres of corn field then NY woodland) and worked their family farm until they either took it over or went to work for another farm. Then they bought their own farm and started farming. Some broke free and went into logging, heavy equipment, or bluestone but family farming is still king around here.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am so angry and furious. These Friday executive orders are infuriating. I am feeling violated that my rights and freedom are dissipating and people just aren't seeing the big picture. I am sick of people looking at me like I am a nut. Our country is being taken away form us. It can happen, it is happening. Why do people kid themselves? Evil does exist!

PS- thanks for the tractor rant. I needed a good laugh cause I was pretty worked up after reading the 5 pages.

5. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Guys, the average man and woman is just out there trying to feed their kids. They take what is given and try to work with it. W e belittle them and call them sheep. We are not good examples when we do this. Most people do not know that the president just signed an EO. Most dont even know what an EO is. Education of these things is the key to stopping them. If more people knew there would be more outrage.

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

KF: I agree with you on one level. It is hard to keep up with all the shenanigans that take place in Washington everyday. If I wasn't tethered to a PC all day, I wouldn't know anything because I don't watch TV or read physical newspapers.

So, I understand your point that belittling people out-of-the-know as sheep isn't productive, and educating them is; but, this is a two-way street. A person must make the decision to go from passive--I'm just here to work, sleep, die attitude--to being engaged and to take part in what should be their civic duty--namely, to give a damn about what is going on. (First, they must find out what is going on .... right? They must seek knowledge. This is no different than wonder what the weather forecast is.)

I think there is a trend with Americans that, not only do they have a short memory, they will ignore bad behavior until it personally hurts them. For example: "Who care's about that farm legislation...I don't have a farm." Instead of looking at the big picture--the govts. ever-increasing encroachment on liberty/freedom, they just selfishly think how it impacts them. If it doesn't, they simply don't care.

How to change this? Why did people give a damn in the 1700s but don't now. The answer lies above: something is going to have to happen to make enough people stand up and say "no." The govt. has been clever...taking away a little at a time is smart...like the lobster in the pot of warm water. So, it's either going to take a sudden, mass encroachment of liberty (e.g., marial-law) or multiple riots to make the sheep pull their heads out of the sand.

7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I feel shamed. You are so very right. I have to remember that many people are so focused on trying to keep their heads above water that the big picture is getting ignored. I guess I get so outraged that I forget understanding and empathy. Thanks Kingfish for reeling me back into line.

bgner likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7