1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Open Casting Call (Sorta)

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by UncleMorgan, Jun 20, 2015.

1. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I eat vegetables. My friends are not vegetables.

Uncle Morgan is building things, and needs parts by the thousand.

If you are set up to cold-cast polyurethane, I have 2 pieces I need made to order in 1,000 quantity each.

If you are set up for stamping gaskets with steel rule dies, I have 2 pieces, both 1,000 qty., to be cut from plastic sheet.

If you are set up to do CNC machining, I have a very large number of different parts, each running in lots of up to 1,000 pcs.

If you can do pad-printing, I have two pieces (1,000 ea.) that need marking.

Wind little springs for fun & profit? I need two types, in 1,000 and 4,000 lots.

Print adhesive labels on foil? I need 500 each in two sizes. (But I'll go for 1,000 ea. if necessary.)

Make wooden boxes? I need one with inner dimensions of 8" W X 13.5" L X 1.125" HT. Pine or whatever. That's 500 per lot.

Each of these parts will probably be up for reorder X about TEN during 2016. (We think!)

Email me at [email removed Please start a conversation as ghrit suggested] (edited out in the interests of OPSEC for Uncle. Use conversation for initial contacts - ghrit) and I will provide prints as necessary. Important: Put "Prep Source" in the subject line.

(Thanks, ghrit. That's okay by me!)

PLEASE DO NOT ask me what I'm building. This a straight-up commercial enterprise with a certain amount of OPSEC that has to be maintained until we roll the product out. When we do, I'll show it here, in detail.

Being a commercial enterprise, UncleMorgan will pay CASH (We don' need no e-steenkin credit!) to all chosen suppliers.

This can be a long term, large quantity opportunity if you are ALREADY set up to make things in the USA.

No China-sources, no middle-men, no product finders, no manu. reps. This is an offer only for preppers (& their families) THAT MAKE THINGS. If your Uncle Albert has a machine shop, he's invited to inquire with your recommendation. Even if he hasn't been bit by the prepper-bug. (Yet.)

On this day I have personally searched more than 400 companies on ThomasNet looking for the parts I need. I already knew that most of our manufacturing capability had been outsourced to the Third World.--but now I'm finding that it's much worse than I thought.

Our group will buy NOTHING that isn't Made in the USA.

UncleMorgan is not looking for freebies, favors, or cut-price work. Anyone that quotes one of our parts will get an acceptance or be declined in due time. So put in your fairest-to-all offers and be sure that we will NOT come back and try to grind your price down.

Hey, if the Amish can build a barn in a day, us Preppers should be able to build a what-the-heck-iszat? pretty quick, too.

UncleMorgan will post here again when the window closes on this parts call.

In the mean time, party on, dudes. (Cocoanut, anyone?)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    Pineknot, techsar and kellory like this.
  2. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I eat vegetables. My friends are not vegetables.

Made some progress, but it's time to close this out. I appreciate the responses.
    End of Thread.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary