Operation- Honey's Gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Mar 7, 2017.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Alright, here's the smelly lump on the table. PowerWagons are the only Dodge worth owning. Have a snif of that lump and take your shots. (My g-pa's 47 coupe wasn't too bad.)

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We got her a cool project to play around in so I'm not the only one to get all the waves and thumbs up's! It's 100 % hers and all choices are hers, i'm just the labor on this one! LOL 163801_10953145_1950_Willys_Jeepster.

3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

BEAUTIFUL machines!

Trouble and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Actually it has 4.30s in it, and I get away with it because of the 6 speed Clark trans. Yes, that's the Original Braden PTO winch, and there is a twin on the rear frame rails and front bumper tucked in tight. I got it this way ironically! The truck is all stock except for the engine and trans, it has a Cummins ITB 3.9 Turbo Diesel and 6 speed Clark strait gear trans ( with over drive) and the transfer case is a newer NP 205 with the lower low gear conversion.

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Thanks, I have a thing for old American Trucks. Next projects on my list are a 41 Dodge Power Wagon Half cab, and 50 Willies Pickup!

Yard Dart, Trouble and Tully Mars like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I can point you toward a 6X6 mil in nicely restored shape, on the road in NJ if you are looking for such a monster. (I think it's a '44 will check if you are interested at all.)

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

What I would love, is the Korean War era Weapons Carrier, built on the PowerWagon Frame.... I believe they also made an evacuation Ambulane version as well...

Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

They did Bruce. A guy in the tri cities I used to know way back had one.

@Ura-Ki you have some SWEET iron my friend. My hats off and some serious envy goin on here[bow]

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I love those, Also the Command cars, Really neat rigs! Pretty much ANY THING DODGE from WW-2 on up through the late 50's
    BTW, you can still order a brand spankin new square nose Power Wagon circa 1950's? Yup, Dodge still produces them on a small scale for any one who wants one, They fetch about 100K, but.............It's a Brand New frickin Power Wagon!

Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This is my next build, after I finish off the wife's jeepster. Swiped off the inner webs, Mine looks like the wrong end of hell.
    [​IMG]

11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Thanks for the Rum n Coke!:D
    While you're out, pick up a cheap china crescent wrench for each tube you're going to put away.
    Set the wrench to fit the size of the square head on the screw caps you will be using. After everything is finished coat the wrench in cosmoline and vac seal it. Put that bag in a couple of zip loc type bags then after you place the tube in the ground duct tape the wrench to the top so it won't move when you fill in the cache. This way when you uncover the cache you have a wrench that will fit the cap and that is already set to the proper size in case moisture gets to the wrench and seizes it up. It's cheap insurance. If you need the cache, you will probably need it in a hurry;)

Trouble, Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

There's a guy outside Jackson Hole, WY that does old Power Wagon restorations & mods. Beautiful machines, just don't look at the price tags. He did a 6x6 mod that was shown on Jay Len's Garage.

Your resto looks amazing btw.

Trouble, Ura-Ki and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7