Options for 12ga pump

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by sayety, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Benaj

Benaj Monkey+

Take a look on gun forums in your home state.
    Also find a gun show.

I have the best of luck on online forums!

2. spoolboy

spoolboy Monkey+

I have to agree. The Maverick is a good gun for the price. I have one myself, paid $120 for it and am very happy. I put a pistol grip and folding stock on mine and had less then $200 invested.

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

day late and a dollar short ..... but remington 870 express 12 and 20 gauges at Gander Mountain within the last 3 weeks at $269. One week sale. Point is, you got to look and be ready. I have 2 and almost bought a 3rd at that price new.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Sayety, you aren't looking in the right places. I am prejudiced towards the Remington 870 same reason as Seawolf, plus I have own one or more of them since 1969. I retired from the navy as a gunnersmate chief in 1994. I own 2 of them right now. I narrowed the search at Gun Broker to just Remington 870 pumps and found 7 pages worth. I sent you multiple PM's with links to the ones I would at least consider using your own words on this thread as a basis. If you need help with how to Purchase from gun broker or how to find a cheap fee ffl receiver in you home area contact me by PM. I can easily and will help you if you want.
    but, don't say you can't find one in decent shape at the price range you have mentioned. they are there!

5. hsapientia

hsapientia Monkey++

Sayety,
    reading your Post kinda reads like you're asking.

Or it could read 'just asking while you look'... And since I don't know if correct to do here... and if it isn't, I retract this offer. But I have an Remington 870 Magnum Express I'd let go of reasonably....

You can read about 'em anywhere. It's got a Rifled barrel.. And I'm a shooter so... owning the woods out to a couple hundred yards is 'good enough for me'.... Home defense wise.... Even though Buckshot pattern does Torus (smoke rings) anything near or by... like across a house is pretty hard to miss. Heavier shot resists that spread.......

So IF.. I read you right.. AND it's permitted in the forum.... I'd offer you mine for a couple hundred...

Sounds like you are stretching the budget and could use a deal... And I need some good Karma...

It's in really good shape... Is clean. And is solid. Has Rifle sights.. and is more or less unused... The butt of the stock has a tiny scratch but I could dab that out and make it all newsie and nice... or not..
    I'm sure we could work out a way to make it happen...

Leave me a message if you're interested and I read you correctly, ok?

That is... IF it's permitted and not a breach of protocol.

I've been reading here for a long while.. and have gotten ten times value just taking notes..
    So I have no intention of being outlawed for an offer to help someone out a bit... Savvy?

And just to address a question that might come to mind. It's a weight issue for me.

Some items "I'd never leave home without", gathered up, weigh more than I do now. And I'm a pretty big guy...
    IT'S TIME for ME to get real about what I'd carry or could..

So leave me a note if this strikes your fancy...
    best regards,
    h

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Any one can do private deals this way. Ads in BST are a no-no until certain criteria are met, but go ahead and take it to PMs. Let us know if the deal is successful; the forum doesn't need the details, just that members are making use of the connections the site offers. Please read the disclaimer in the BST subforum and proceed at your own discretion.

7. drdave

drdave Monkey++

Bought my Moss 12 g for 200 at a gun show locally. Great gun. No problems

8. sayety

sayety Monkey+

Many thank yous for your opinions and ideas! I would like to say that this is the friendliest forum i post on. No one criticized me for not having much money to spend. I am sometime shocked of how pretentious some of the forums can get. I did end up getting one of the 870's that a member PMed me about.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

SM is more than delighted to hear of a deal that went well. [applaud] One thing about the site is that it provides opportunities like this. There are a lot of other members that are hand to mouth financially, and for members to exchange ideas for saving a buck or two is a good thing all around.

[boozingbuddies]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7