Oregon County Sheriff... Out of money....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Dec 26, 2013.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

It is and has been for a number of years.
    We lived in Spokane for a few years back in late 70s. The local police Dept, even then, was 30% smaller than other, same sized cities.
    What that meant was fender benders didn't get a visit, barking dogs? Talk to the neighbor and so on.
    Here in Anchorage, today, they do much the same. If you call in a domestic violence event, (ir, your neighbor is beating the crap out of his old lady) you have to play 20 questions with the dispatcher before they send anyone out.
    Suspicious activity? So sorry, call us after something happens.
    Someone dumped a car in the local park near my house and set it on fire. The dispatcher wanted me to walk over and see if there was a body in the auto - this while the tires were exploding from the heat. No body? They might be by later, thanks for the call.
    Ya, no, I pay taxes for something. Since we have some of the highest paid PD types in the western US, you don't get much for your dough. Don't get me started on the pension they collect....

BTPost likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Los Anchorage, the Alaska Town, that thinks it should be LA, but can't quite get there[woot]..... to many Real Alaskans live inside the City Limits.[lolol]

3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I don't mind living in LA. The water runs all the time, I have a fire hydrant in my front yard and it's still a short drive to Alaska. We got this place while I was still active duty. Now, if I sell, and move it will cost me more to buy a smaller place???
    And If I move, it will likely be to eastern Washington or Mid Idaho.
    Heck, my son gave up this summer and moved to Texas. Cost of living dropped by at least 1/2.

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

1 Sherrif + 1 deputised posse + 1 Judge (the likes of Judge Roy Bean)...and a county has all the law and justice a county needs to sort out the outlaws....;)

upload_2013-12-30_7-14-44.

Plus

posse.

Plus

JRB%20roy%20body.

Gopherman and BTPost like this.
  5. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

I was living in LA during the Rodney King Fiasco, I watched the beating on TV a thousand times and saw officers casually standing around drinking coffee and eating donuts while they beat that man to a pulp.
    I was trying to be sarcastically funny.
    Yes, I did read the Article all the way through and yes I saw that they were former Police officers involved, It still is a neighborhood watch, if your not active duty Police officers in the eyes of the Law, no matter how well trained. I like the shovel action part, unfortunately nobody can keep their mouth shut anymore! lol
    Estacada must have grown a lot since I lived there in the early 80's. It was a very small town back then. I am glad to hear however that its not as Liberally biased where you are.
    My folks live in Seattle and the whole place is going down the toilet..
    My neighbor down the street has Methheads continually trying to steel his claw foot tub to cook in, that thing weighs 250lbs and they never get it over the fence. Every time they try to steal it they get it to the fence line and the next morning he moves it back where it was, even chaining the thing down doesn't deter them they cut the chain and move it back to the fence, their so stupid they cut the chain that holds it but not smart enough to cut the fence down.
    With ambition like that, you would think they'd just get a job.
    I have witnessed DEA agents stopping right in front of my house to suit up and drive a half a block down the dirt road and Bust Meth labs. The worst part of it all, is we live way out in the country.
    WOW!! If you live in South Western Oregon that puts you dangerously close to California.
    I like living in the country but their are tradeoffs, unfortunately the whole country is in trouble and its not going to get any better.
    I have been thinking about starting a VOTE ALL THE BUMS OUT!!! campaign but they would just do me like they did to Joe The Plumber.
    If the roughly 10.5 thousand people on this forum got 2 of their friend and their friend got 2 friends and.... to actually vote out anyone who was in office longer than 2 terms we might be able to restore this country to at least a shadow of its former glory. Alas, only a handful of us are left that even care that much about it anymore!
    it has been nice chatting with you. I hope all works out well for ya'll up there!!

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Gopher, the only part of Commiefornistan that is close to Pax's AoO is the very NORTHERN section which is just as RED as WHERE he lives... Anything North of Redding, and east of Big Sur, is Blood Red, and getting Red'er by the Hour. They already have voted to split from the rest of the State, and make the State of Jefferson. Especially those Rural Counties..... .....

7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

To go off track a little here, I remember going to Redding frequently when we lived in Mount Shasta, and going to a Round Table Pizza in Anderson and ripping off that claw machine. By that I mean that back then the claw machines weren't as 'tight' as they are now, and we basically got a stuffed animal with every quarter. The claw machines these days are crap...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7