Oregon Makes ALL farming and food production Illegal!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ura-Ki, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Holy Crap, you guys seeing this,........... the state of OryGun has started enforcing a law passed in 2021 that bans all agricultural operations including your little tomato garden! Sure glad I GTFO of Oregon finally, but this still hits me right between the eyes! I'm awaiting my Attorney's call telling me what and when for our farms, and now that this is in effect, now we can sue the living shit out of the state, always one of my favorite things to do! How much of a Retard do you need to be to cut off your own food supplies and then wonder why people cannot feed themselves and they rise up in force and stop you, here's your answer!

2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

.. .. perhaps, perhaps not .. ..

.. .. yall better order sec monkey drones now .. ..

.. .. while dey is legal .. ..

Alanaana, duane, Zimmy and 1 other person like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I thought that had to do with their misinterpretation of what CAFO means and applying it along with ground water rights and waste management to smaller farms.

I understood that one could get around the onerous regs by having a barn floor that was basically dirt to get around the animal waste ground water contamination issue and using rain water to water the garden if it was over .. IIRC a half acre or maybe it was a quarter acre.

But yeah, i think all the available drugs in portland have made it to their state house.

Altoidfishfins and sec_monkey like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

duane likes this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Saw that this weekend. They are even using satellite imagery to identify areas that look too green, etc., then want to fine you and require expen$$$ive improvements to stay in operation. They are driving this train wreck so bad that people are going to start moving from Oregon back to California.

I wonder if they think their weed and Doritos magically appear at the store? This is what happens when the urbanites that who are assured of their superiority of rural folk get to write the laws.

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    Brokor, duane, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

You know it's tyranny when it's about water use and it's in the Willamette Valley. It is so freaking wet here that moss will grow in the nooks and crannies of your vehicle unless you pay close attention when washing it. I have to pressure wash moss and mildew twice a year due to constant rainfall. We have banana slugs, snails, frogs and similar everywhere. Water is not a problem here. At all.

This is all about ignorance and the desire for constant regulation and control, and since we are talking rural, well, it's fvck them. Crime, violence and drug use is rampant in urban areas. Does that get any attention? Hell no. Just some hollow words and dedicating tax dollars that won't get used for that purpose. Raising your own chickens for eggs or have a couple of cows you want to milk? We have satellite imagery and no nock warrants. You got 12 year old hookers, a smash and grab operation, and a meth operation going in downtown Portland? Carry on, nothing to see here..

Brokor, duane, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  8. duane

duane Monkey+++

It is OK if you want a small garden, but what if you want to put in a little wheat or corn for feed? Or have a small greenhouse as I do. 20 by 48, and grow hydroponics using a shallow well? Do both as a neighbor with a larger farm makes a couple passes when he does his crops and mine is done. Do not attempt to sell things from greenhouse or such. To much danger of slipping over some silly rule. Trade for labor or give away. We will all either die or eat bugs. I am 86 with stage 4 cancer so it makes no difference to me, but those that are in their 20's and voting all this in may have, if they live, a long time to rue their mistakes.

It has nothing to do with the farming, but everything to do with political power and control. Power goes off and they now have the right and the ability to take "their" water, chickens, everything and you can die. They got away with it with the public lands, excuse me "wilderness area", why stop when you are on a roll.

9. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

May be time to invest in some really big pool covers....

10. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

No worries, the state will supply your food...as long as you conform to their rules and keep your social credit score current.
    Bad mouth anyone in power, and you're going on a diet.

SB21, Jerry Fisk, duane and 3 others like this.
  11. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Genocide through famine. That's why big wigs are buying up all the farmland. If you want to eat, you do as we say...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

They must be thinking that farmers are dangerous to the planet and all you have to do to get food is go to the grocery store. The grocery store of course get their food from big trucks. Stupidity is beyond my comprehension.

duane, Cruisin Sloth, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  13. whynot#2

whynot#2 Monkey+

Plenty of Soylent Green running around Portland.... and it farms its self. :)

whynot

duane, Ura-Ki and SB21 like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Go Gorilla farming on the big wigs farmland, Then it's on them.

Zimmy likes this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

They aren't targeting the farmers. They are targeting the people these small farms feed and CAN feed when the corporate farms reduce production. Basically cutting off all alternatives before the main attack.

duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

SO, I have been on the phone back and forth with our legal team, and the state, and county, and all that, trying to figure out how this effects our operations in the Valley! Basically, We had to check our water rights and our river draw permits and all that, and I found we are in complete compliance with most everything, and the few areas we need to worry about, the legal team is on top of, so it's business as usual! We have 4 wells that the state is wanting to meter and so far we told them to go pound sand up their JAcksies, there will be NO meters on our property monitoring anything, PERIOD! At peak watering, we are pulling around 40,000 gallons per day, most of that is well water, but if the well drops below a certain amount, we boost it with River Water, up to around 8000 gallons at peak, and I don't remember ever seeing it ever go above that, even in super dry seasons like 2019 was, so the state can STFU and go bark up someone else's tree!

Big hit to us this season is the price of seed, it's nearly doubled in just two years since we last planted, thankfully We held back enough seed for three or four plantings that the state didn't get it's grubbies on, we shorted them around 2000 pounds worth, cause fuckum, we are not a part of the growers consortium or guild, and are technically not required to turn over our seed to the state, though the state keep threatening us with massive fines if we don't comply, So we have a massive lawsuit keyed to drop if the state decides to come and collect! I also notified the Sheriff of this and he is 100% on board with what we have done, and will fully back us if/when it comes to it! Basically, I broke the strangle hold of the Growers association, and in doing so, I also broke the states stranglehold on seed collection, basically every season you need to plant, your forced to buy your seed back from the state so you can plant, I simply cut the middle man and his storage fee's and trucking and told them to go get bent!

The ranches in Colorado and Texas are doing awesome, so no issues there of any note!

Zimmy, sec_monkey, duane and 6 others like this.
  17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[nospam][imwithstupid1]

18. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

duane likes this.
  19. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Stop all shipmates of food into Oregon --let them starve

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

not real sure about such actions by Gov... tellin ya what ya can do on your own land???

not real sure how folks should react... forbidding you to grow food and eat what ya grow???

sure don't seem right... might be close to the time folks start gettin real angry???

maybe that's what's needed??? get in their face kinda thing???

get like minded folks together???

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7