Oregon Monkeys You Have Been Fooked - Buy Any New Guns and Mags By December 7

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 3M-TA3, Nov 12, 2022.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Upper Michigan has bandied about separating from lower Michigan from time to time, but with no major industries and only 300,000 people, lower Michigan pays the bills for the Yoopers.

Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

How about you clean up your mess rather than spread the disease to other areas? I get sick and tired of the "I'll move to Xxxx" - and then vote for the f-heads that would screw Xxxx up too.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

We used to say "Don't Californicate Oregon" but it didn't prevent it from happening.

ColtCarbine, GOG, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Oh I’m inviting monkeys not demonrats…

Tully Mars, techsar, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Looks like a bunch of Oregon Sheriffs are on record refusing to enforce this new Measure… Also the SAF, and some Oregon Gun Owners Groups are getting their “Ducks in a Row” for filing a Suit in one of Oregon’s Federal District Courts, asking for a Preliminary Injunction, while this measure goes up thru the Federal Court System… and they believe with the Bruin Precedent, they are on very solid ground…

GOG, Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

They ARE on solid ground, but funny things happen in Oregon more often than they don't. Expect all kinds of shady delay tactics. You can also count on Oregon steamrolling bill nullifying Federal precedence. As a last resort they will simply ignore Federal law as they have shown multiple times in the past

GOG, Ura-Ki, Seepalaces and 2 others like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I stumbled onto a theory I have been pushing with the Pro2nd Orgs that are now in the fight, it's simple, BUT it carries the weight it needs to shut down ALL Gun control FOREVER, and it does it NOW! Might sound a bit far fetched, but remember Bruen NOW Defines how all 2nd cases must be heard! NO ONE, not Local, County, State, or even Congress May pass or enact law against the 2nd, PERIOD, HARD STOP! We really need to push this through, get it on a case and move it through the courts using Bruen as the strict scrutiny now required! We absolutely NEVER EVER allow any infringement on any other rights, so why the 2nd? That's what I'm getting at here, and where I think we need to push hard on the courts to get this eventually moved up to SCOTUS while we still have the window wide open with our 6/3 Split toward Constitutnalisism! SCOTUS absolutely Would Side with this, as they have shown in the Bruen, Heller, Miller, and the Chevron Deference issues, there can absolutely NOT BE ANY anti 2nd legislation, Period! This would effectively shut off the ATF, and all other Rogue agencies, it would remove the NFA, and the GCA, and open things back to the wild wild west, as it always should have been, remember, an Armed Society is a Polite Society!

Gator 45/70, GOG, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

To that effect, how about every firearm group (and I'll forget a few) band together NRA, OFF, SAF, JPFO, GOA, NAGR, and the rest of the alphabet taking dues from their members under the guise that they advocate for the 2A and firearms owner's constitutional rights and bring this whole shit show to a head. Every firearm law, directed at law abiding citizens in every state, should be held in abeyance until examined under the process outlined in Bruen

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It gets worser. Now we are being told that your background check must be COMPLETE prior to December 8th or you will still be required to get the permit to complete the transfer. That's the permit BTW, that we have no way of obtaining. We expect that OSP will continue it's delay tactics to force as many firearm purchasers as possible to endure lengthy delays. Hoping the two rifles I just purchased will squeak through in time.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  10. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Or you could just spend your money in another, more gun friendly, state! I'm sure that they would appreciate the additions tax revenue!

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I live in rural Charleston county SC which has always been a red county until---------------We have had an invasion of northeast liberals moving in and around the city of Charleston and now the county votes demoRAT. It makes me sick how these liberals destroy where they come from and move and destroy where they move to. I wish there was some way to enact a law when you move to a new area you can't vote for 10 years.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

13. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Thank god a sheriff with balls to stand up for constitutional rights

14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

This is only the magazine possession portion of law. There is some talk that for the permit portion they might accept the CPL training for CPL holders and then take their money. I'm mad as hell that if the two rifles that I ordered last week don't get here quickly they will go into a registry.

15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I want to do that for other reasons but am stuck here for a year or two. If people flee instead of fight eventually the problem will follow you. Bottom line is that post Bruen every aspect of this law if unconstitutional. I'm trying to identify what organization is the tip of the spear in the fight against them that will get the job done and then support them. Only thing for sure is that it isn't the NRA.

CraftyMofo likes this.
  16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That would be SAF..(Second Amendment Foundation). Allan Gotlieb's Outfit out of Bellevue, Washington

Dunerunner likes this.
  17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

They are definitely on the short list. I regularly donate to them and also have my Amazon smile set up to donate as well. A few others are being discussed such as GOA and third that has been very effective elsewhere. I want most of my support to go to whoever as the sharpest object closest to the jugular of this nightmare. Reminds me I need to check with Washington Gun Law on the latest status.

It's not lost on me that Oregon based organizations are all but impotent and inactive on this :mad: and that we need outside assistance.

Dunerunner likes this.
  18. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

One Online merchant is standing by Firearm owners in Oregon.
    .........................................................................................................................
    Due to Measure 114, Oregon State Magazine Orders that are shipped by Palmetto State Armory will be prioritized for shipment.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/

Dunerunner and 3M-TA3 like this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I did place a few mag purchases through Midway and both were received by UPS the same day. There is normally a day or two between them putting the label an and the carrier picking it up. No announcement, but I've never seen this quick a turnaround time before.

Dunerunner likes this.
  20. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

However, if someone should commit a crime with a firearm AND a high-capacity magazine, then charge them with that as well!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7