Oregon & Washington Monkeys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

We had a fire start near a beetle kill area this year. That wood is beautiful but sadly officials here refuse to allow folks to cut it down. It just stands there, an incident waiting to happen.

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Meanwhile in Oregon.... politics is taking precedence over these fires. This is getting ridiculous.

Oregon fire marshal Jim Walker abruptly resigns after being put on leave amid historic wildfires
    The state’s former top fire official was under investigation for misleading Oregon State Police leaders about whether he had authorization to enter a high-risk wildfire zone one night last week to search for human remains, according to a source familiar the situation.

Jim Walker resigned Saturday as state fire marshal -- a day after he was placed on paid leave by Oregon State Police Superintendent Travis Hampton.

Walker told The Oregonian/OregonLive on Sunday that he entered the Beachie Creek wildfire area east of Salem on Thursday on behalf of a state employee who was concerned about five people. It turned out that one of the people was the employee’s relative, George Atiyeh, 72.

Oregon fire marshal resigned under investigation for entering active wildfire zone without authorization

Seepalaces, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

upload_2020-9-14_8-58-34.
    upload_2020-9-14_8-59-37.

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

To harvest the wood, you need to have a (OH the Horror) a road into the area. Road = Black Death to the Greenies.

With a road, I could bike in - or worse yet - drive my camper (OMG!!!!) into enjoy the woods.
    Nope, the Greenies I talk with seem to think if you can't walk in (sorry you're a disabled Vet and all) then the forest isn't for you. They often say "MY forest". Sadly, now nobody has a forest.

And in an irony only a few would understand - the fire crews cut in large roads and fire breaks with dozers.... More that would have been done in a harvest operation....

BTW - what does a "forestry management tool" look like in the Finland?

[​IMG]
    just the thing to remove underbrush...

718 E - for safe and efficient tree and landscape maintenance | SENNEBOGEN
    in Austria.

5. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Another mad dog,need to get rid of these people.
    [flag] Trump. [flag]

Seepalaces, Ura-Ki, GOG and 3 others like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Some in Oregon have had enough. Funny how the sheriff will smack home owners as doing something illegal but the looters/ arsonists and protestors all get a free pass.

Oregon residents are illegally stopping drivers at gunpoint during wildfire evacuations, sheriff says
    Suspicions of looting have driven some residents of an Oregon county to illegally stop unfamiliar drivers at gunpoint, all while much of the county is under an evacuation order as wildfires rage.
    Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts said several people in the county, in efforts to "protect property," had been conducting armed checkpoints, stopping cars they didn't recognize.
    "The first thing I'd ask them to do is please stop that," Roberts said during a Sunday news conference. "It is illegal to stop somebody at gunpoint." Oregon residents are illegally stopping drivers at gunpoint during wildfire evacuations, sheriff says - CNN

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This guy ^^^^^ was arrested twice.
    Man arrested twice in 12-hour span for starting fires near I-205

This is pure BS. Time for the citizens to rally and remove the governor, mayor and DA. I would think by now normal Oregonians have had enough and are ready to take their state back. Enough is enough.

8. DKR

[​IMG]
    Ore woman holds man at gunpoint - possible arsonist....

WDFA

9. DKR

Seepalaces, Ura-Ki, GOG and 3 others like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I've actually interacted with her in a local FB group. She marched numbnuts out to the main road to wait for the Sheriff to arrive. When she caught him he had a book of matches in his hand. If I can find that thread I'll post her story.

11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Found it:

"Update (From Kat Cast):
    I read all your msgs to me, even the private ones, I can tell you that this truly did happen and there is nothing fake about it, I do not wish to keep private msgs between you and I, not with you or the dozens of people who are reaching out to me. Some with terrifying words, but mostly I am truly humbled by many kind words that have been said to me. I do not wish to speak to anyone, it doesn't matter to me if it's a journalist who wants to put out on the news, I will not put my family in danger by exposing myself any more than what I have already. Feel free to use the pictures that you have obtained if you want but I will not interview with anyone. I will tell you something though if I need to do this again to protect my family and my neighbors, I will in a heartbeat do it again, except this time I will not be as nice as I was. "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
    In all things, may the victory come to us while the glory goes to God. Blessings [​IMG] -Kat.
    -Some of you still think we're not being under attack. I found this individual walking in my property as I was driving in, all he had were some matches in his hand. Walked him out of my property at gunpoint and then when we got to some asphalt ground on the main road made him lay down while the cops arrived. Had my husband been here he would have been dead. This criminal has got multiple warrants one of them being assaulting a police officer."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Video here: Kat

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@3M-TA3 thanks for posting the response from the lady. Glad she is not giving interviews. She sounds like a smart lady. I hope that justice will prevail with this incident and he will be charged and not the lady. To often lately we see the good guy facing charges and the looters/arsonists being let go.

13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

When or if that happens ,, and no one retorts the BS , Time you know you lost ..
    Have had enough that say this is NOT RIGHT , and revolt , KICK OUT the BS elected !! Make a stand !!

We had a kid that stole , and at the end caused the thousands of damage , COPS did F A but bs.
    We farmers gave the whole family 2 days t o move, didn't happen , well kid is in MIL jail , FAM is kick out of our area .. Cops saw . MIL respond ,, Told if you pipe up COPS , say good bye to your kids before arriving !!

NOT one cop ,, DO NOT steal and hurt on Farmers who are all .MIL folks !!

This kid set fires , plus rude things to girls in school .
    S

14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Oregon de facto law:
    Stealing, setting things on fire, deadly assault = healthy self expression
    Protecting yourself and your property = racist fascism

You have a chance in a red county, but in a blue county you are screwed

15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

While out politicians are now blaming the fires on Globalwarmchangeamagiggie and Trump we see this from the Deschutes Forest. Fortunately a National Forest so the truth teller can't be fired by Governor Brown. You can bet that our senators and members of the House will give it a shot,
    upload_2020-9-15_6-16-42. r

And just like my facebook and YT feeds were full of social justice messages after Minneapolis they are now full of Climate Change. Gretta's baaaaaaack.....

16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Note all this dudes Hospital patient bands? wonder where he might have been, and what he had been in for?
    Also note his attire, typical down town hipster portlandite! Bet he is employed at one of the universities too!

Been seeing photos of many of these arsonists, and half of them seem pretty well off like this dude!
    I wonder if he is even an OryGun resident?

17. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Note to anyone that does not know better. While what she did was great her handling of the suspect was terrible. In the one picture and watching the video she did three different things wrong that will get you killed. Always keep your weapon pointed at the suspect, do not get close enough for him to grab your leg or roll and grab you or knock you over and never turn your back on a suspect. She was lucky!!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    GOG, Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  18. kitty

kitty Monkey+++

Fire Map of the USA, pretty current and refreshes every 15 minutes or so.
    USA Wildfires

john316, Motomom34, 3M-TA3 and 4 others like this.
  19. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

There's a lot more to this story than they are saying. The fire marshal has jurisdiction to go into any zone he wants to go into. In any case, I think we shouldn't be torturing people who are saving lives. Just my opinion.
    Also, we're good. It was dicey for a bit, but we're fine.

ColtCarbine, GOG, Mountainman and 5 others like this.
  20. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Lets hope all , this BS Politics is dealt with , JAIL time is needed to set a standard , NY dick who moved sick into old folks homes , and the rest ,, revolt these folks who have shit on cops , and the poor Fire Marshal resigned , lost his pension im sure ..
    I wnat the DON to bring in ENOUGH !!! ..
    All my bros & sis's are getting hurt ..
    Sloth

GOG, Mountainman, Seepalaces and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7