OSP and La Grande PD Investigating Theft of Colt M-16A1 From Parked OSP Patrol Car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ColtCarbine, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Friday, March 1, 2013

OSP and La Grande PD Investigating Theft of Firearm From Parked OSP Patrol Car

News Release from: Oregon State Police

OSP AND LA GRANDE PD INVESTIGATING THEFT OF FIREARM FROM PARKED OSP PATROL CAR

Posted: March 1st, 2013 4:40 PM

Oregon State Police (OSP) and La Grande Police Department is asking for the public's help related to the theft of a firearm from an OSP patrol car parked at a trooper's home in La Grande.

Between 4:30 p.m., February 28, and 8:30 a.m., March 1, 2013, an unknown person broke into an OSP patrol car parked off street outside a trooper's residence and stole a Colt M16A1 semi-automatic rifle. The firearm was in a mounted locked bracket when it was stolen.

Anyone with information to help regarding this investigation is asked to call OSP Southern Command Center at (541) 963-7174 or La Grande Police Department.

### www.oregon.gov/OSP ###

Replies to this message do not go back to the sender.

Go to http://FlashAlert.net/login.html to change or delete these messages.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Opps, Officer with Red Face, and shouldn't that be in the Trunk.... Where it belongs.....

3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

An M-16A1 is a select fire rifle. It is only semi auto until one flips the giggle switch 180 degrees past safe. Then the M-16A1 becomes a "machine gun" with none of that wussy M-4 three round burst crap , no siree, now we're talking 100 round beta mag dumps in 6.5 seconds. [OO] [coo]

4. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I saw this story a day or so ago. Ironically, during The Walking Dead episode last night, former Sheriff's Deputy Rick Grimes went back to his old station to see if there were weapons left there. A big sign on the wall inside the arms room said "No take home weapons to be left in vehicles" and I thought of this story.

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I know all of the LaGrande OSP's I wonder which one it was, there is a father and two sons part of that OSP Barracks.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7