Our Latest Project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Too Country, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Too Country

Too Country Jack of all trades and master of none.

Sorry I haven't been on much, one of our guys has been real sick and I have been in Louisianan doing what I can. We just acquired this unique 1982 Transtar Motorhome. The plan is to build it for a local vet to live and travel in. More details to come!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    chelloveck, Ura-Ki, GOG and 2 others like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Welcome to our fair state! Although from the topography, I would have to say you are north of me :)

A cut in a hill (if we had one) would quickly become a swimming hole!

Mindgrinder and Too Country like this.
  3. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Do you restore vans and RV's as a business?

I've been really interested in an RV around that size. It's at the limits of what I consider unwieldy. They're pretty pricey for one in decent/dependable condition.

Ura-Ki and Too Country like this.
  4. Too Country

No sir, what we do is always free of charge for someone in need. Like this Motorhome, we purchased it and will cover all costs of repair. We will then deliver it with clear title to the vet at no cost to him.

Oh and this one is 25' and very easy to drive and handle.

Ganado, chelloveck and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

That's awesome. Do you have a website?

6. Too Country

Not yet, at the moment we are 100% self funded. Check out Too Country on youtube though.

Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  7. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Will do.

Too Country likes this.
  8. Too Country

Demolition is under way, some rot but the flooring is solid!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  9. Too Country

[​IMG]
    The motor is solid, had a tune up and needs a carburetor. Had this one rebuilt but it just didn't take. Spending a lot of money on this rig and trying to avoid paying for $439.95 for a rebuilt replacement. Trying to come up with an edelbrock or maybe a holly. She will get better mileage and they are easy to work on. But since we are giving her away we have to keep cost down when and were possible.
    [​IMG]

These windows originally had one long set of blinds covering them. The rattle all the time and are rather annoying. So we are looking for ideas to cover these windows when one wants and yet be able to uncover when needed easily. So any ideas?
    [​IMG]

10. Too Country

11. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

You've got your work cut out for you on this project. Please keep us in the loop.

12. Too Country

Lol, scary part is we are trying to have it done in 3 weeks.... Anyone got an Onan 4 kw laying around? Gotta find one for a fair price......

13. Too Country

The plan is to delete all top cabinets, build a new kitchen bottom cabinet. Insulate and then cover the ceiling and walls with off white canvas. Delete the table and build a long narrow table down that wall for his computer, tv and to eat at. Hardwood flooring and led lighting throughout. Install 1200w solar system with 6 6v golf cart batteries. Delete the roof top ac and install a 10,000 btu window unit in the rear above the rear window. The window unit is more efficient and less expensive than replacing the roof top unit. The opening for the current AC will be turned into a skylight. Install a 4kw gen set up to run gas or propane.

If we can keep the total cost low enough we will install a new awning and smaller awnings over each window. The curved sides means if it rains the side windows when open will let in water unless we install the small awnings.

GOG likes this.
  14. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

On the windows, you might want to think about curtains with rods at top and bottom that can be pulled back.

As one who spends months at a time in their motorhome, I would submit that doing away with any cabinet space is ill-advised. It is the one thing of which one is always short.

15. Too Country

Well the thought is reducing cabinet space means more leg and head room. There is still a good bit that will remain. There are also two storage compartments on the rear and basement storage. For one person it should be more than adequate. While I understand the value of storage the extra room is worth the trade in my honest opinion.

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Too Country SmokStak Check CraigsList in your area....

GOG likes this.
  17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

There was a guy around Picayune, MS that had several 6kw Onans...IIRC he was asking 200 or 250 ea. (in good running condition.) I know he had several gasoline and at least on diesel unit, not sure about propane. And this was listed on CL.

Too Country and GOG like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7