Our Personal Journey From Fatville, USA

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by SemperFiSkye, Mar 17, 2014.

1. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

I know what that no comment means! And Wow!! X and I joke that we're out in the middle of nowhere, and being on a back road full of family with the nearest five minutes away, but we're not that many dollars from town.
    In other words, you stock up on bunny ears and the like on those Town Trip Events.

2. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

Finally back to work. Yesterday , got our first funburns (fake sunburns) under our belt. X toted 50 lb sacks all over heck and back; I watched, gathered the odd stick and just generally waddled my way through the day.
    Today was more active; back and ankles definitely feeling the strain. Toting 24 lb on my back and thirty in my bump led to the knees feeling it, but surgery stump ain't complaining so neither am I.
    Getting out of hibernation mode and finally having some energy to spare (although the sun saps it all away by the end of the day).

P.S-I saw X's abs bunch today; they are more defined than a few days ago. He's cheating, somehow, but I have yet to catch him at it.

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

So. X has lost his extras, without any true attempt (he needs to define). Hell, I'm down to 200 lb from 210 and I sure as $h!t didn't try. I'm on week 33 tomorrow, and if my left knee doesn't spontaneously pop off from all the weight, everything should be fine.
    Knee is truly bothering me-hopefully I'm not grinding away the pieces of it left in there. I'd try walking on my hands, but something tells me dropping my fat @$$ on my head won't improve the situation.
    X said, "Wife, you're now on bed rest." So at least I'm resting it. While X continues to lose weight. And I grow...but, hey, I'm healthy! Lol

Sapper John and kellory like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Healthy is key...stay rested lady..... And have a strong, healthy baby Monkey!!!

SemperFiSkye likes this.
  5. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

Ok, bed rest lasted a day. Went back to the hamster wheel.
    Got home from work today and someone else was already cooking supper (hurrah), so I went to the $h!tter mirror and am admiring the darkness of my skin and the slight slimming effect work has had on my turkey wings. Ditto for the stems. The bump grows ever larger.

6. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

Tomorrow is Week 36.
    The bump dropped yesterday.
    I tried to make him/her come out... But weed eating didn't help... Neither did push mowing...Neither did toting wet grass or a 24 lb back pack blower...Stubborn little terd...Don't know who he/she plans on taking after at this point.

Yard Dart, kellory and Sapper John like this.
  7. Yard Dart

Mexican food... that will do the trick...... worked on my son ;)
    I pray that you have one helluva hellion.... you both earned it I suspect...[beer]

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Railroad Tracks..... Lots of Railroad Tracks..... Drive over them at 20 Mph.... Worked for us....

9. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

It was very refreshing to get on here and have likes to that comment and supportive comments by like minded people. I was speaking to my mother today...I don't know where I came from. The Marines don't get credit for it either.
    I told her I was mowing today. Her response? "Don't sthtrain yoursthelf. The baby'sth gaining weight now and thisth isth when you'll get giant sthtretch marksth (my mother neither has a lisp nor speaks like Sylvester the Cat, but this is how I hear her voice when she sends me nonsensical texts)."
    So...what you're saying...is that once I have a kid...which everyone will know...I'll have marks on my body showing I had a kid and...everyone will know?
    OMG! THE SKY IS FALLING! RUN!! QUICKLY! Where's my lounge chair? My parasol? Stop EVERYTHING!! Maybe I should just stop moving, period. Yes, that's what I'll do-I'll coagulate into a useless lump under the threat of marks on my body.
    I kept working.

P.S. Just so you ALL. KNOW. I have stretch marks. GASP! But it's true. I do. Everywhere. I'm surprised they're not on my forehead.

kellory, Sapper John and Yard Dart like this.
  10. Yard Dart

When I read what your mother was saying, I thought you initially were suggesting she had to much wine..... :lol:

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Strech marks in your forehead? Don't worry, they will come with time. Just keep eating from the tree of knowledge here at the monkey. [flm][aiw]

SemperFiSkye likes this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

36 weeks?! Cross your legs and don't let the little bundle escape yet. My son was 36 weeks, had a darn time finding clothes that little so he wore my daughters doll clothes for a while. I don't think it scarred him for life.

SemperFiSkye likes this.
  13. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

No, not too much wine-just an unhealthy focus and concern on weight gain for the entirety of my life. Luckily, I did not inherit this gene (just got done eating a triple cheeseburger and an order of onion rings (which I texted her and told her I was eating-BAHAHAHA(I'm still a little hungry))), and I don't give a f--- if I get stretch marks or not.

Well, overall I haven't actually put on a lot of weight as far as the eyes go. I'll get on the scale later this week and run some numbers. I'm plump about the face, but don't seem too swollen anywhere else, a touch here and there. Sent a picture to my mother earlier (she jumps at a chance to call me hefty) and said, "Boy, Skye, you're tiny" so. Obviously I need to bake some brownies tonight, and I'm sure y'all know I do my best thinking then. With that said, I'll see everyone tonight on the Daily Rant (salute, about face, gone).

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

A triple cheeseburger & rings???? Holy schmoly...... that's one hungry baby your growing...

15. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

You know, I wondered that myself. I can put the food away, but I don't ever eat more than two cheeseburgers and a side. I was surprised I finished it.
    Side note-after a busy day, I conked out. Brownies we're put on hold. But when I make them, you'll know. I've had a few things bugging me lately...

Motomom34 likes this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Do make drastic decisions you are hormonal!!!!!! Make sure if what is bugging you gets talked out with a non-hormonal person. And do not let the Dr give you drugs. Dr tried to give me SSRI drugs while pregnant. Yeah, right!

17. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

Doctor? What doctor?

18. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

Found out the baby doesn't like when I hiccup; I didn't know he/she had nunchucks in the womb either, or whatever he/she used to beat the f--- out of my side for hiccuping. Now I'm limping across the Walmart parking lot (the small of my back is tight, and my legs are not cooperating). The weight is 204, and I'm going to call that the final weight number-the bump has grown but I haven't gained in a while and with the lil monkey dropping I'm hoping I'll get eyeball to eyeball with the oven bun soon. I've stayed pretty active but didn't do much of anything strenuous yesterday and been up for several hours, so I don't know why walking feels so strange after getting out of the car now. Not feeling too hot either, but haven't since Saturday so there you go. Very excited about baby right now and can't wait to go running again!

19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Are you sure the little critter hasn't decided to hangout pushing on your sciatic nerve for the last few weeks?

20. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

It's possible. To be frank and honest, the small of my back only gets tight when there's a lot of faketractions up front; my mother in law was telling me how her contractions were mild to the point she didn't know she was having them; that she just had some pain in the small of her back, like when you menstruate. The problem? I have never had menstrual back pain-heck, I haven't even had back pain with the baby, so I don't know if he's nesting on a nerve, if it's Braxton Hicks or real contractions that stop, etc. As a new member of the backache club, I would like to take this opportunity to return my membership pass? Please? I promise I don't need to know the secret handshake, really. I swear.

But, overall, not really in pain. Still moving freely. When it happens it's mild discomfort.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7