Our Personal Journey From Fatville, USA

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by SemperFiSkye, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

PM @alaskachick , she can answer most all of your questions about childbirth.

BTPost likes this.
  2. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

You know how in NY, Macy's does the Thanksgiving Day Parade with the ENORMOUS balloon versions of cute cartoon characters? I mean, who knew short @$$ Mario was ever supposed to get that big without a mushroom the size of the Big Dipper, right?
    I'm Thanksgiving Day Mario. Minus the overalls, because I can't fit in anything denim unless it's a close relative of spandex! (Heavy breathing, clenched fists, heaving bump).
    But it's worth it. Very worth it that I can't outrun a puppy...I tried that the other day...ha. HAHAHAHAHA. Very amusing. Wish someone video'd it. New subject.
    I'm extremely excited. It is turning me into a crazy person (X concurs); he is being very patient even though he is very excited, which makes me look even crazier (I have big boxes of baby clothes I constantly (aka: uselessly) sort (X told me he's become suspicious that I'm sniffing the baby clothes...PFFFT, as IF, don't be ridiculous...*looks around surreptitiously before quickly fondling a onesie and bringing it to my face*....)). I just am so...terribly...excited. And who wouldn't be? Come ON...
    Dear Baby,
    I can't wait to meet you. I want to hold you.
    I want your tiny hand to rest on mine, and marvel at the size difference.
    Are your eyes green? Brown? Blue? Hazel? Because I know all four are possibilities, but I know there can only be one.
    Will you have your Daddy's nose, or mine? Or skip us over and get it from a grandparent?
    You'll probably be dark headed, but will you start out with straight black hair like we did? Will you turn blonde?
    I have so many questions about you, you know; and yet for all We don't know about you, We love you.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Baby could have two different eye colors, it's rare, but possible.
    Kids were the best thing I ever did, and though there are challenges ahead of you, (some of which will frustrate you to no end) they are well worth the effort, the money and he time. Enjoy.

SemperFiSkye likes this.
  4. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

I know I haven't been on here in a while-I was gearing up for the baby and running around, rearranging things, last minute shopping, setting up the crib, and fine, OK, fine, I WAS sniffing the baby clothes.

I'm sure everyone's fully aware of how blunt I am at this point, and there's not a pretty way of writing this. I just wanted to get on here and let y'all know that we lost the baby.

I thought there'd be a burst of confetti and a flare gun at the beginning of our journey from Fatville, but instead it's kind of a parade of confusion and anger.

Have some things to straighten out, and, well. The five mile run is at 5. Any takers?

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I am sorry for your loss. Nothing I can say or do will help, but I do care. [angelsad]

SemperFiSkye likes this.
  6. alaskachick

alaskachick A normally quiet snow monkey

Hearing this news, is a kick to the gut. Our 3rd baby was born with an undiagnosed birth defect and died the next day. I can honestly say I know how you are feeling and my heart goes out to you.

SemperFiSkye likes this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

With tears in my eyes, I can't find the words to express how sorry I am for your loss. You and your husband will be in my thoughts. I don't know you but I have followed, laughted and cheered on your fatville journey. Please know that I and many others will be here for you if you need to vent.

Yard Dart, SemperFiSkye and kellory like this.
  8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Damn, is all I can really think to say at this moment. I am very sorry for you & your husbands loss.

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Very sorry to hear this.

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

My brother and his wife tried to have a baby for 12 years, but finally made it happen. I can't even imagine your grief. No words...

11. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

I am sorry to here of your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7