Out and about.

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by sticks65, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

Sticks, I really enjoy your posts. I live in an area of planted pines so there is never a lack of pine resin/sap. This area was originally popular for producing turpentine from the natural pine forests.
    I usually boil down my collected sap/drippings to be able to cut it into cubes for my firestarter. We are somewhat plagued with pine borers that ruin our trees. I usually lose anywhere from 30 - 80 trees a year. It is to costly to spray for a pensioner but I do have devious uses for that extra sap. Like ruining good gloves with that sticky stuff.
    Anywho, nice post and pictures.......
    GB
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Stick, what are you using to fuel that stove? Are you using the original fuel that came with it?

I am curious because I have been searching for a good wood stove to take out, but I haven't come up with anything I absolutely like. It appears those Swiss stoves could be altered for use with wood.

Thanks for the post, it was a good one. I think I will take the family out tomorrow. I was lazy today and your post motivated me.

3. sticks65

sticks65 Monkey++

Sorrry for the late reply.

I just use the gel fuel that was in it,you can get gel to refill it.

Not sure its big enough to adapt it to a wood burning stove.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7