Oxygen Deficiency From Face Masks

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by UncleMorgan, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I live in Alabama...the Heart of Dixie! It is hot and humid! Yet I wear an N-95 mask for 8 hours straight while at work, and for part of that time I wear googles over my glasses. Yes, my glasses fog up and it can be uncomfortable, but I am keeping myself and those that I love safe! And for all of those people that wear their masks wrong, all I can say is that" it's a shame to see a good mask being wasted"! May their deaths be relatively swift and painless!

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Years ago I would see these Cajun duck hunters running the Bayous and tranosee's ( ditches ) with mud boats and outboards wide open wearing face-shields,Thought it was funny until....a frigging bug hit me in the eye running 30 mph....
    Those boys are on to something right there !

Ura-Ki, Wild Trapper and oldawg like this.
  3. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Mmmmm.... kool aid! Oh yeah!

[​IMG]

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

When we figured out this was serious we set up a plan of action of what to purchase and how to live. First in line was full tyvek coveralls with booties, hood and gloves. Now understand we are in a critical position of helping others and yet staying uninfected in our volunteer work with Vets. So it doubled the requirements and still we had limited funds.
    DW has an extensive back ground in Nursing as well I have civil experience as EMT and the USN Nuke field.

We purchased these items long before the news hit of the deaths and just plane meanness of the CCP Virus because of information from the Monkey and friends off shore who had a first hand view of the deaths. We closed down the office 2 weeks before required by our parent .org.
    Even then we had safety measures in place and purchased for the long run prevention of infections. All the measures are in place,sneeze guards etc, when we can open up.

Our plans encompassed the the soon to be required election of officers and a process to man the phones and have a list of the help others when things settled out, if ever.

We are happy to say not one member has been infected as we followed the infection rates and ways to stay safe.

This is a long term event and each person needs to have the knowledge on how to stay safe.
    Egos and tough guy attitudes are welcome to die in place if that is their decision

We have others in the community willing to help Vets and I am saying paid construction folks as well as volunteers.

Thankfully we have stayed able to help.

Stay Safe.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I got pretty much accustomed to wearing a bunny suit and face masks all day working for ABBOTT Labs making stents, ya some of the ones some of you folks are wearing.
    Some of the reason was to protect the product, and some of the time it was to protect our selves from the atmosphere we worked in.
    Though it's not stylish and it was hot and sweaty, the fact of the matter is, there was a mutual benefit all the way around.
    I saved the paper suits (with permission) that were otherwise thrown way in the event they could come in handy. Working with bees they came in quite handy and having them in my car for emergencies along the road paid off. Now this virus has come along these suits may prove to be valuable all the more.

6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7