Ozone hole

Discussion in 'Politics' started by johnbb, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I picked this up at an estate sale,Old man had croaked but he did have a sweet 64 ford galaxy 500. Reckon that this was why he had it for,Think I paid 10 for the big jug of it, Feels like at least 7lbs in the jug?

Dunerunner, johnbb and SB21 like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

An HVAC guy I know ,, said there's another freon that is compatible with the R-12 ,,, but they don't tell the customer that,, that way they can get 100 bucks plus a pound for it .

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

64 Ford galaxy curious what that auctioned for

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think it sold for 15K or that was the asking price,Old boy also had a MG Midget,Don't know what it sold for?

Dunerunner likes this.
  5. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

guy has a 64 2dr ford galaxy sitting in the yard for years been tempted to ask if he would sell it but the wife would kill me if I brought another Classic home to work on ---she refers to my classics as junk cars

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hey grab it up,I prefer the 390's, I've been seeing an old Impala parked in the grass for several years when I pass thru a town named Basile Pronounced Baz-il possibly a 63/64 model

Dunerunner likes this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

A buddy of mine just bought a 64 Galaxie,, I haven't seen it yet,, he lives an hour or so away ,, said he paid $ 12,500. 120,000 miles , he's the 3rd owner,, been mostly restored with a few added dumb stuff. But the car is in great condition, no bondo , 390 2 barrel ,, he said he'd have to have a downhill advantage to outrun a slug ,,,:ROFLMAO:,, but that's going to get fixed. Beautiful car ,, as best I can tell from his pics.

8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You win.

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

We were in the liquor/beer business for about 35 years, and everything back then ran on R-12. My late Father bought about 100 or more of the 7lb. tanks that we stored in the back room of the liquor store. It wasn't long before the Freon was worth more than the liquor and beer, but it didn't last forever. We had 6 stores and we were forever having to recharge something, plus cars and things around the house. We were lucky in that we had a repairman that didn't insist on tracking down and repairing every tiny leak, also he was able to use other Freons in our older systems without expensive purges or replacements.

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I remember not so long ago that when weather related catastrophes occurred, they were referred to as acts of God. Today, they say those events are Man caused. They have lost their perspective, me thinks. If they are unable to control the spread of a virus, what makes anyone think governments can control the weather. Human beings exist on this planet only because of their ability to adapt.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I remember seeing pictures of hurricanes sucking in the ozone layer, Cleaned it up somewhat if I remember correctly?

12. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

A bit of a necro -

Researchers use aurora to reveal changes to o | EurekAlert!
    Money quote
    “This is the first observational study in the world to show that radiation belt electron fallout from space around the Earth has a direct, immediate, and localized effect on atmospheric changes in the mesosphere,” the researchers said. “This study revealed that radiation belt electrons falling into the atmosphere from space around the Earth have a rapid and localized effect on the composition of the microatmosphere, including ozone. This finding is expected to contribute to an improved prediction of short-term changes in the Earth's atmospheric environment by considering the effects of atmospheric ionization by high-energy plasma from space.”

“This result strongly suggests that the influence of radiation belt electrons cannot be ignored in predicting changes in the Earth's atmospheric environment,” they concluded."

Current models (IPSC6) ignore this factor completely.

Another nail in the coffin of "anthropomorphic global warming" ie, utter rubbish

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7