Palin says Obama's health care plan is 'evil'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Palin says Obama's health care plan is 'evil'<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->ANCHORAGE, Alaska – In her first communication since leaving office, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin described in an Internet posting Friday that President Barack <nobr style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_0_0">Obama's[​IMG]</nobr> plan to overhaul the health care system was evil.

"Who will suffer the most when they ration care? The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course," the former vice Republican presidential candidate wrote on her Facebook page.

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil," Palin wrote.

An e-mail sent to Palin's spokeswoman to confirm authorship was not immediately returned Friday.

Obama, a Democrat, campaigned on a promise of offering affordable health care to all Americans, as the United States is the only developed nation that does not have a comprehensive national health care plan for all its citizens.

He has proposed a system that would include government and private insurers. Republicans say that private insurers would be unable to compete, leaving the country with only a government-run health program. They warn that could leave Americans with little control over their health care.

Republican criticism has included claims that the reform plans will lead to rationing, or the government determining which medical procedures a patient can have. However, millions of Americans already face rationing, as insurance companies rule on procedures they will cover.

Denying coverage for certain procedures might increase under proposals to have a government-appointed agency identify medicines and procedures best suited for various conditions.

Denying coverage for certain procedures might increase under proposals to have a government-appointed agency identify medicines and procedures best suited for various conditions.

In the posting, Palin encouraged her supporters to be engaged in the debate. "Nationalizing our health care system is a point of no return for government interference in the lives of its citizens. If we go down this path, there will be no turning back," Palin wrote.

"Let's stop and think and make our voices heard before it's too late," the posting said.

Palin resigned as Alaska governor on July 26 with nearly 18 months left in her term. She cited not only the numerous ethics complaints that had been filed against her also her wish not to be a lame duck after the first-term governor decided not to seek re-election next year.

Palin, popular with conservatives in the Republican party, has said she wants to build a right-of-center coalition, and there is speculation she will seek the presidency in 2012. In the two weeks since she resigned, Palin has made only one public appearance, giving a Second Amendment rights speech last Saturday before a gun owners group in Anchorage.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I love her to pieces, but she should learn to shut her pie hole. I believe she has the right ideas, but articulate she ain't. Worse, if she quit the governorship due to stress, imagine how long she would last in the Oval office. Scary.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Palin is exactly right - Zero is EVIL personified.
    I just got done watching the entire LOR trilogy - it struck me that Zero is Saruman - the evil wizard seeking dominion over all. He is putting his Uruk-Hai into top Czar positions. He is natioanlizing the entire nation, one piece at a time. We railed abuot Uncle Hugo doing this in Venezuela - no surprise why the two of them get along so well - they are cut from the same cloth, and have the exact same policies in progress.
    There is also a 'force' behind Zero, guiding his hand, and who lifted him to his position as 'most powerful man on Earth'. THAT is scary.
    Problem is, we have NO benevolent Gandalf to guide our few remaining good politicos - if any are left who have not been taken to the dark side.
    There is NO valiant Strider to lead the charge, and We The Hobbits are sitting in our comfy holes blithely smoking pipeweed as the countryside turns dark. :rolleyes:
    Mrs. Palin calls our attention to the problem. But we continue to ignore the warning and allow The Evil to fester and spread.

I do believe the healthcare system needs some trimming and improvement - there are far too many hands in the til, costs are outrageous, and corruption is rampant. BUT - to remove ANY choice in our care, in our programs, in our doctors, is also outrageous. I am a State Employee on a particular healthplan that serves my needs well - I am satisfied. I do not want any major CHANGE - lowered meds cost would be nice. But to give MY healthcare over to a Federal Misdministration that is as corrupt as we have ever seen, that cannot run simple programs without massive corruption and cost increases, as well as ever higher taxes...... that is madness.
    The Kenyan needs to get his act together - much more of this blundering, and the ents will gather......... [beat]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7