Palmetto State Armory and JTS M12AR

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Tempstar, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

In a moment of weakness I bought my first gun online, from Palmetto State Armory. While browsing for parts I visited their "clearance" tab and saw the JTS M12AR for $199, and thought it would be a great fun gun. I'll review the process and then the gun...
    14 days ago I ordered the gun and paid online. I picked it up last night. I called last week to inquire about it's whereabouts as I'm in SC, they are in SC, WTF? I was told I would receive an email when it was ready to pick up. So after another week, I called the Myrtle Beach store where I had it shipped, and after 10 minutes the guy comes back on the phone and tells me that it has indeed arrived, and been there since Friday. So much for the email alert. So I drive down to pick it up at the brand new Palmetto State Armory in Myrtle. The clerk takes my CCW then says he needs my license too. I ask why, he says it is store policy. Fine. 10 minutes go by and he re-appears with the shotty, lets me inspect it, then says "follow me". I thought he was walking me out but instead he leads me to a kiosk where I have to put in my information on a computer screen. OK, 5 more minutes and I think I will be on my way. Nope. I was given a little pager thingy and told it would go off when the gun was ready. SORRY, I'm not playing the "go shop for more stuff" game. I stand there for 10 more minutes before finally asking what is happening and am told they have to check the gun out and the manager has to check the paperwork, 5 more minutes and one of the guys starts walking away with my gun, so I said "what's the deal?". He just looks back and says "follow me". He placed the gun behind the checkout counter, finally gave me my license and CCW back, I said "What the fuck?" to him, "the gun is already paid for". He said I still have to go through the checkout. 5 more minutes standing in line, and they have to see my license AGAIN to hand me the box and a zero dollar receipt. I will never again darken the doorstep of their business. It was a shitty experience from the word go. I even had to pay $19,00 shipping for a store transfer. I will stick to my local dealer from now on.

The JTS M12AR is actually a gorgeous gun for $199.00. I loaded a 5 round mag and walked out back when I got home to try it out. The action is stiff feeling, and inspection of the first hull shows that it has a rough feed ramp. The fourth round failed to eject fully. I checked everything out and loaded another 5 rounds which I fired as fast as I could pull the trigger without incident. I think with a little tinkering this will make a great stress reliever to have fun with.

M12AR — JTS Shotguns

M12AR-2.

Zimmy, Bandit99, duane and 3 others like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

All I can say is, thank God I live in North Idaho because, knowing my patience level for bullshit, that sounds like too damn many hoops to jump through. I cannot tolerate companies, organizations or agencies that think they can dump on me all the BS they want to because I am purchasing their products or services. Like my time and effort is worthless...

Tempstar and CraftyMofo like this.
  3. Horsegal

Horsegal Monkey

You can't imagine the BS I went through to buy my husband an AR for Christmas at Cabella's. I had to buy gift certificates, give them to him, so he could buy the gun. I GET that you can't buy someone else a gun, but it was a lot of run around for the same end result.

Tempstar and CraftyMofo like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7