Paranoia on other sites....???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonfly, Feb 14, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Recently, I'd joined a new site, (forum), and to be honest I was a bit surprised when I rec'd an email right away!
    Now that turned out to be a good thing!

A friend of my son's, had seen my name, knew we were related and contacted me. (they work together)
    Since then, we've had good conversations and will be meeting for coffee soon. He is a "LEO" and has numerous friends in the same situation.
    That's the good news!

Now for the "rest of the story"
    In just a few days a warning was issued, re: 2 "spooks" on their site, and they'd posted a copy of the "who is".
    It was disturbing!
    The origin was from the State Department from Washington D.C....
    Hmmmmm...makes ya wonder!

Today, there are new warnings that they have 4 suspected "spooks" on their site.
    Weird!
    Maybe it's just me, BUT, if you have drawn that type of attention, something is wrong somewhere, or someone is playing a game....

Either or, it makes no difference to me...
    I wished them all well, and cancelled my account entirely!

I see that there are requests for "WHO" has what, and How much of it!
    Not a good trend!

Lists for needs and supplies are great, and we all could use more, as not one of us can possibly think of everything....!
    But, it is NOT a good idea to go about posting what you have personally, in amounts and such, as you can be traced just as easily as they traced their "Spooks"!

As I have said they forgot the basics of "OPSEC" and the old WWII saying: "Loose lips, sink ships"!

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Seems somebody's got "fleas"!
    http://bigjohnsforum.com/
    HEADS UP - AT LEAST 5 SUSPECTED SPOOKS JOINED THE FORUM RECENTLY, BEWARE OF THEIR CLUMSY ATTEMPTS AT ENTRAPMENT OR INFORMATION COLLECTION.
    Man, they have either gone stone paranoid schizophrenic, or they got some really serious problems!
    Each time I visit, they go up a notch...(Maybe they think it's moi?)
    Now that's just "rolling on the floor, laughing out loud"!
    To me anyway!
    But then I'm NOT crazy....and neither am I!

4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I leave that type of crowd alone, have visited that site once before, seems like if TPTB would want to entrap you or gather info on you, then they would have much better ways than some online forum.

Entrapment would have to be more of a FTF type situation, and with Patriot Acts I & II plus the new FISA Act, I would suppose they could gather alot more info on you, with the resources at their disposal.

Glad you steered clear of them dragonfly.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

As a "guest", not registering, I read a few interesting articles written there...
    1 was about how every memeber of anyone's group MUST have a "generation 3 nightvision unit" ( ? )
    It was stated, that if you do NOT have those, you are just waiting for the bad guys to come and eat you! ???
    Now that's either one heck of a sales pitch, or dementia, at it's finest moment!
    There's a lot of people out there seeking and searching for real answers, and some of what I've read recently, is just atrocious!
    Did you know, or are you aware, of the simple "fact", that you can "guard" a 1 acre site with a pellet gun?
    Oh really?
    ( must be engraved with the name of "howitzer"!???)
    Did you know you'll have to have/own at least 40 acres, to feed yourselves?
    Man, I am in deep doo doo!
    The more I read, the madder I became.
    So, I did the best I could do...
    I sent "BIG JOHN LIPSCOMB" an email!
    I asked what on the face of this earth were these idiotic people doing, and in his name!??
    That should get some well deserved attention!
    There are some that 'profess', to "know it all", and those are the most dangerous!
    I go to many places to read and to learn, BUT then you have to sort thru all the BS, and remmber to keep your head above those dark brown waves that keep coming!
    Bill

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

frickin' 13year old experts.read thread on home made weapons somewhere:"get a knife" it could help you survive"
    malatov cocktails are good:" a bottle a rag and ALCOHOL(?)" sounded alot like a Mccauly kulkin movie.

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

If left to their own vices here it would be alot worse now...........
    Dont ask me how I know.
    Paranoia run deep in the survivalist web sites here and anywhere I dont know how they function daily.......

8. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

With that said, I want to thank each and every one on this site, as I feel at home here, and you guys have great info. and great comraderie!
    That's what it's all about in my book!
    Bill

9. tsiemens

tsiemens Monkey+++

I live in Canada, thankfully where the patriot act is just a bad nightmare. Unfortunately its coming soon to a street near me.

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I always keep in mind a few tips.....

1) ALL online sites are under the Dot-Guv eye - if you don't want it known, DON'T put it on the site! There is NO privacy online!

2) Take ALL online info or advice with the proverbial 'grain of salt' til proven true or false. Cross-check with multiple sources - online and offline! Research isn't hard, just time-consuming.

3) Keep all 'personally identifiable info' safe - OFFLINE!

4) Avoid 'those' sites that seem to draw the most interest by Uncle - well, we Monkeys are probably on 'The List' too by now. Can't win them all. [dunno]

11. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

"3) Keep all 'personally identifiable info' safe - OFFLINE!"

your IP addy ID's you as soon as you get on the computer. so anything sent or rec'd is traceable to the IP addy given to your computer.

12. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

If you have an IP address, you are identifiable. So, everyone here, is identifiable.

13. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

So what happens when your blair holt act application comes up and "Mother" searches and returns pro-constitution ranting to the"comittee "? Your application is dropped in the "provide special tutoring and send to the farm" basket?
    whoops more anti-authority paranoid ranting...is resisting or questioning "authority" a mental disease in the dsmIV?

14. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Gonna be a lot of those "re-education" camps springing up I think!
    Speaking of PARANOIA.....!
    Lately, those "jolly greens" have been going in and out of this tiny airport just a few blocks away, and I'm in the flight path. Some desert tan, some olive-drab green, all loud!
    Makes for a real rude awakening.....kind of like "Deja Vu", what some call "flashbacks".
    May get interesting hereabouts!

15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Well, yep, our IP's are easily traced if some 'Alphabet Agency' wants to. Go ahead and trace me, Mr. Agent Man - you'll get very tired and bored with my antics. :D

But, it IS a good idea NOT to give physical addresses or complete names - never know who might be reading. I have seen some folks on online forums do so.
    Security is always a compromise.
    I could lock myself in a vault with zero outside contact - but that would be awefully boring too. [ROFL]

16. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

My bad:
    Former post of "Jolly Greens"....was incorrect, not sure what I was, or wasn't thinking!
    They are the "Chinooks"!
    5-6 landed near here, so far as I know, not 1 has departed?
    Maybe they like this out of the way desert area!
    Bill

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

they're coming for you Bill; but they brought more guys, [gun][gun]:eek:[dunno][patr][sawgunner]

18. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

jolly greens are ch-53's (big side tanks) chinooks are CH47's (two main rotors)

19. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Yup, and just this morning, another came in!
    Wonder why they are landing here in the northern most airport (outskirts) in the city?
    Staging?
    Maybe I'll ask around, as I still have a few acquaintences at the Deer Valley airport.....
    "Normally", they land in the Glendale airport, (west), or they return to the 'reserves' base, way down south of me, at 52nd St. and McDowell rd.
    Not something we have ever seen before now.....
    Bill
    (they are definitely CH-47's!)

20. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

It's been sevral years since I have been in a 47 but they can carry alot of people/gear.

OGM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7