Paranoia on other sites....???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonfly, Feb 14, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I do not recall, but it seems as if they have the ability to carry 120-160 fully equipped troops?
    I know they now have been upgraded to carry a LOT of tonnage!
    Bill

2. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I was thinking it was closer to 60???

OGM

3. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

35 the last time I was one Ch-47-C ,but that has been about 39 years ago . LOL

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Are youin Texas? Fringe sites say the TX guard is on "high alert" due to the federal inactivity at the border...

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

CH47 Chinook - think of a city bus with rotors.......

They had a program for a much bigger "Super Chinook" awhile back, but it got cancelled. So, they keep improving the old airframe design.
    Several old aircraft just seem to soldier on, doing the job that their fancier design replacements can't quite seem to better!

Like the old Lockheed C-130 - they haven't built a better medium transport yet! [beer]

And the Marines Super Cobra gunship is up to the "Zulu" model now - wonder what they'll call the next one after that...?

7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

With all the stegonography going on in this site, they would have their hands full just reading the hidden messages in the blades forum. [peep]

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Not sure about this. My BIL is a Master SGT. in the Texas ANG (Res.). He was deployed to the border for over a year during a special project but it was canceled his deployment ended and he is back at work in his civilian job. Next time I talk to him I will ask.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Just had to, didn't you? And this after I lost my key. :lol:

10. Seacowboys

They will never realize that sometimes a cigar is just a smoke.

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Or a flavor saver. Ask Bill.
    [peep]

12. Seacowboys

CRC? You gonna let that one pass without a quote from JB?:oops:

13. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I'd heard that the gov. of Texas asked the WH for some support, waiting for only 24 hours, when there was no answer/reply, he again sent 1 letter to Obama, to wit: "GO JUMP..." (cool! reminds me of the "NUT'S" to the germans!)
    "Texas will take care of Texas!"...was also on the letter according to the Texas' Governor!
    Then, the gov. activated and placed on alert, all Texas Nat'l Guard units, and actually had 4, (you'll like this part!), "LARGE MILITIA'S" on alert status also...( ???)
    Ok, I'm wonderin' now, wha's happenin'?
    I do know they had a discussion about the problem at ElPaso's border and the possibility/probability of the drug cartels coming in, by mass...
    Also their recent meeting In Austin, re: the possibility of the implosion of Mexico's gov't, and what they would have to prepare for...Mass exodus of people, trying to get out of the way of the war at the border(?).
    I dunno!
    I have nothing here as far as any such worries or preps re: bordeer incursions, mass exodus of immigrants...But then I'm in Phoenix!
    Bill

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7