PATRIOTS NEEDED ASAP BREAKING: OREGON GOLD MINING STAND OFF WITH BLM.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

PATRIOTS NEEDED ASAP BREAKING: OREGON GOLD MINING STAND OFF WITH BLM. . .. (GALICE)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map) (yahoo map)

BREAKING: BREAKING: OREGON GOLD MINING STAND OFF WITH BLM. . ..NEXT BUNDY RANCH | Agenda 21 Radio

BREAKING: OREGON GOLD MINING STAND OFF WITH BLM. . ..NEXT BUNDY RANCH April 12, 2015 • 0 Comments BLM issued a cease and desist order without a...
    AGENDA21RADIO.COM

**UPDATE AT 7:25AM**
    Sugar Pine Mine Security Operation Mission
    11 April 2015
    At the request of the Sugar Pine Mining Claim owners, Oath Keepers of Josephine County mission is to ensure the mining claim owners' 5th Amendment Constitutional Right to Due Process is not violated by the Bureau of Land Management.
    Contacts:
    Mary Emerick
    show contact info
    show contact info

Public Information Officer
    Oath Keepers of Josephine County
    Clinton Chard
    show contact info
    show contact info

Logistics Coordinator
    Oath Keepers of Josephine County
    STAGING AREA CHECK-IN REQUIRED
    All responders and media personnel are required to check in at the staging area before going to the camp site.
    2491 Camp Joy Road
    Grants Pass (Merlin), Oregon, 97526
    Directions:
    •I5 - Exit 61
    •West on Merlin / Galice Road - 1.0 mi
    •Left onto Jaime Ln - 0.2 mi
    •Right onto Camp Joy Rd - 0.1 mi
    •Right to stay on Camp Joy Rd - 0.2 mi
    •Left onto Walden
    Staging Area Rules: •No Drinking
    •No Drugs
    •Establish your own team leader / representative under Oath Keepers
    •Bring cold weather gear, rain gear, own food and supplies
    •You are accountable for your personal belongings
    •No one talks to the media or to anyone outside the area about the operation. (All media and information comes from Oath Keepers Josephine County leadership)
    •Bring your own communications. (Preferably Baofeng UV-5R / BF-F8+ to simplify programming and setup.)
    CAMP RULES FOR RESPONDERS
    After staging check-in, those who are approved to transit to the camp site must comply with the following rules:
    •No Drinking
    •No Drugs
    •All Access in and out is controlled by security (Limited Access and Emergency Access)
    •Establish your own team leader / representative under Oath Keepers
    •Bring cold weather gear, rain gear, own food and supplies
    •You are accountable for your personal belongings
    •Rules of Engagement: Always Self Defense - If a person shows means, opportunity and intent STOP the threat.
    •We are not allowing trespass, threat to life or damage to property or illegal seizures.
    •No one talks to the media or to anyone outside the area about the operation. (All media and information comes from Oath Keepers Josephine County leadership)
    •Reaction team will meet contact.
    •Bring your own communications. (Preferably Baofeng UV-5R / BF-F8+ to simplify programming and setup.)

BLM issued a cease and desist order without a court order and without 'Coordination Authorization'....with local authorities. Federal officials acting lawlessly. Possible federal land grab to seize gold rich property on behalf of Chinese government.
    Below is a partial letter from Kirby Jackson the Recorder for the Galice Mining District. In the letter which is addressed to a number of individuals and is directed at Mr. J. Perez, the BLM's State Director there is a great deal of information setting the case against the BLM and their heavy handed tactics. As we have mentioned there appears to be no Coordination Authorization on the part of the BLM which is mandated by federal law before such actions can be taken against citizens and their property. The letter was ccd to numerous state and federal officials. A partial list appears below the letter. Parts of this letter have been left out.

On 4/12/2015 11:59 PM, Kerby Jackson wrote:

While I will not go into the details of this case, what I will say is that of all the local mining districts (three), Galice has actually attempted to have been the "most friendly" with BLM, by actively trying to encourage certain people inside the Medford District to actually take advantage of opportunities
    to come to our meetings to put forward their viewpoints and positions.

As well, though we do not "toe the line" of the two agencies, our "official view" of the surface management authority of the agencies in the United States Code is actually remarkably closer to the view of BLM and USFS than it is to a lot of other miners. This probably has much to do with the fact that we have devoted considerable resources to obtaining actual textbooks on modern Mining Law and have studied that material in great detail. While we have questioned the legality of a lot of those regulations, we acknowledge that they are reality until they can be proven to be unlawful and that the average miner is better off to try to work with the agencies if they want to get something done in relative peace.

To date, while there have been some friendly one on one conversations between ourselves and a few BLM employees, Medford has refused to attend meetings for the purpose of engaging in discussions or putting on presentations. This same institutional arrogance is the root cause of the brewing situation in Galice in that disagreement does not result in rational conversation with BLM, but instead results in BLM pulling their club out and threatening to bludgeon you with it, while in the meantime, the entire agency promptly cuts off communication and refuses to answer legal notices and demands for records which they are obligated to produce.

In addition to violating their very guiding light, the 1955 Surface Resources Act by unlawfully attempting to steal surface rights from a Pre-55 claim, BLM (not only Medford, but also the state office) have also actively worked to supress public mining records, have engaged in intimidation and harassment, have blatently violated the statutory requirements of the Freedom of Information Act and more that I will not go into. In the meantime, BLM is also ignoring Josephine County's request to co-ordinate, in violation of federal law. Ultimately, BLM are really excelling at breeding hostility in this county and elsewhere.

This brewing hostility is so great that one would think that it is either intentional or simply that BLM, in their arrogance, have no interest in getting along with the locals.Since we have Mr. Perez, BLM's State Director, as a recipient of this e-mail, let me make the following items crystal clear: Mr. Perez has the power for his agency to keep the peace in this county and to protect his agency's future.

The miners involved in this are still receptive to having a serious sit-down with BLM for the purpose of BOTH sides to put their cards openly on the table and to discuss that issue in a reasonable matter. As part of that, we would also want Josephine County Legal Counsel Wally Hicks to also be present and for BLM
    to also hash out the county co-ordination issue so that it is be solved at the same time. That offer is probably in the best interest of everyone involved toward a peaceful resolution and the miners in this case have been asking your employees for three months to produce evidence of your surface authority via a
    legal document signed by an owner o record that adheres to the 1955 Act, which I think you and I both know, your agency does not have in its possession, nor has ever had.

Alternatively, you can simply proceed down the legal path with both the miners and the county and BLM can take its lumps in court. The county can do to BLM what it decides to legally and we will do what we decide to do you legally. While I realize that as a rule, BLM does not take the mining community very seriously because we are often guilty of being "a lot of bark, with no bite", and in fact, many miners are not the best read or best educated people and are often easily influenced by people telling them what they want to hear, I want you to understand that this time you are dealing with some miners that are unlike any your agency has ever dealt with. To be perfectly frank, we are actually looking forward to seeing BLM in court simply because you have given us a once-in-a-generation opportunity to actually change the course of mining law history.

That being said, I also want it understood that if your employees pull any of their favorite shenanigans like attempting to burn mining incident buildings, stealing equipment or whisking a miner off to some other county at 2 AM based on administrative bullshit without due process, such as your agency is so
    historically fond of doing and has done hundreds of times in the past, you are going to have a very serious problem on your hands. That sort of activity will not be tolerated any longer, Mr. Perez.
    I also want it perfectly understood that if you start to "play Cowboy" and any of your employees injure, let alone kills any other person in this county, that it is on your head and what will be, will be.

Today is the 1st anniversary of the Bundy Ranch Standoff. April 19th will mark the 250th anniversary of the Shot Heard Round The World and the Battles of Lexington and Concord. None of that is lost on us.
    Mr. Perez, I encourage you to do the right thing in this matter and to come to the discussion table with all involved and insure that the records your agency is obligated to provide under federal law are produced or to simply allow this situation to go through the court process opposed to allowing your employees to create yet another national incident.

Regards,
    Kerby Jackson
    Recorder -- Galice Mining District

"Modoc County Record" , "Dave
    Mack" , "Mining Alliance"

PATRIOTS NEEDED ASAP BREAKING: OREGON GOLD MINING STAND OFF WITH BLM. . ..

2. Quigley_Sharps

Found that on craigslist while shopping for Gold claims. sorry about putting the whole thing in the above post just wanted to make sure we had a copy to refer to for conversations here before the big "G" takes it down.

kellory and Tully Mars like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I would be interested in what @Mountainman and @PaxMentis have to say about this issue. They are both from that area.

5. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

As the (I believe sole) Josephine County Monkey...and Oath Keeper, I am taking a run out there tomorrow to look into and at the situation. I am familiar with Kirby Jackson and, to be honest, would hesitate to support him without a clear understanding of the issues involved...however, I am also familiar with the local BLM and the BLM in general to the point that I would give more credence than usual to Mr. Jackson's statements. Sometimes even a self-serving rectal cavity deserves protection from a greater evil.

While one can be 100% sure that anything Mr. Jackson says or does is self-serving, that does not eliminate the possibility (or, in the case of the BLM, probability) of government abuse. There are other individuals involved in the community board who are much more trustworthy that I will be seeking out before making any substantive comment here...or packing up my equipment and moving to the site.

Mountainman, Dont, stg58 and 7 others like this.
  6. BTPost

Thanks Pax, I would be interested to hear what you find out, and your impressions of this deal.... Bye the Bye, I saw a NEWS Report that your County Sheriff, published a Statement, that he would NOT be enforcing ANY NEW Background Check Statute that the Legislature might Pass this session. Way Nice for your County.....

Tully Mars likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I saw that. The bad part of the deal is that he's making it clear that it is an economic issue not a constitutional one.

Pax Mentis and Brokor like this.
  8. Quigley_Sharps

Better yet he should arrest everyone of the Oregon legislative rep's as they pass through his county for Violating the second amendment. :) then he would be good in my book..lol

Mountainman, Brokor and Tully Mars like this.
  9. Pax Mentis

I haven't seen that and will need to see if that is the new sheriff or the old...they changed the first of the year and I am very hesitant about the new one, who has a background similar to mine. There are a few constitutionalists among us but it is certainly not the norm among my brethren. He was with different agencies, but a career fed.

10. BTPost

I saw it on "The GunFeed.com" and maybe The Drudge Report....

11. Pax Mentis

Found it and it is the new sheriff...which, based on his explanation, gives me hope that we did not lose as much as I feared in the election. Our old sheriff was head of the regional Constitutional Sheriffs' Association and Daniels has been less than forthcoming on his attitudes regarding gun control.

G...well he did note that such a law would be against our county charter and that he considered the violations "frivolous misdemeanors". Not up to his predecessor's stand, but promising coming from a former fed and statie...

By the way...one disagreement with the article. The proposed law has passed the senate, but not the assembly, so I wouldn't throw in the towel yet.

Brokor likes this.
  12. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Drudge calls it a militia camp.

Militia camp at Oregon gold mine as tensions mount with BLM...

NEAR MERLIN, Ore. -- A land dispute is creating tension between miners in Josephine County and the Bureau of Land Management. The owners of the mines say they are afraid their rights to due process will not be respected and have now called in reinforcements.

The Oath Keepers of Josephine County are gathering at a piece of property near Merlin. They're in the process of setting up a staging area, in order to step in if they are needed by the Sugar Pine miners.

KDRV.com: Tension Between BLM and Mining Operation, Oath Keepers Set Up Camp

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. BTPost

Let's us pray that this BLM Admin is smarter, than the Nevada BLM Thug... Only time will tell.... And maybe a GREAT Constitutional Lawyer.... As I suspect this can only end in ONE of Two ways. One: by a Judgement in Frderal District Court. Two: A Shooting Match between the FEDs, and the Miners, and their supporters. The later will end, with a few Dead, a few locked up in a Federal Pen, and BLM RETAINING title to ALL the disputed Claims.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    stg58, Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  14. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Drudge calling it a "militia camp" could catch on in the media who love the crazy Christian right wing gun nuts story line and may ratchet things up.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    oldawg, Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Exactly @stg58. A bit disappointed with "da drudge" on this.

Brokor and stg58 like this.
  16. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

@PaxMentis Thank you for the info and please continue with updates. I was in Florida (Tac country) and just got back last night.

Brokor likes this.
  17. Pax Mentis

Well...I actually went out to the staging area on Saturday, but forgot this thread until last night.

I had very mixed feelings coming away, as it turned out there was in fact more to it than meets the eye. The BLM is (of course) arguably ignoring both long established agreements and due process. The other side of the coin is that Jackson & associates are also ignoring both the aforementioned agreement and long established regulations for mining claims. The main bones of contention are 2 permanent buildings, on foundations and in no way portable, one of which clearly has no relationship to the mining process. Jackson uses it as a classroom and office for his mining/prospecting "classes". He advertises locally the classes, charges a tuition and the students do not mine the property...this is far outside the rules for structures on un-patented claims.

My other problem was the fact that the local OKs were patrolling the perimeter of the claim to prevent "trespassers". The problem there is that the owner of a claim cannot deny access to the land to others except for safety reasons in an area of active mining. The land is still open for public recreation use and only prospecting/mining is forbidden to the public...it is also not allowed to deny BLM personnel access to assure compliance with regulations.

My decision as to whether or not to take part was made moot Sunday when the miners requested that the OKs stand down out of concern that "another Ruby Ridge" would develop.

In the end, this is/was not a situation where the lines were clear enough that I would be comfortable doing more than observing.

18. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Sound wisdom, Pax! [winkthumb]

Tully Mars, kellory and Motomom34 like this.
  19. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Thanks for the eyeball recon Pax.

Tully Mars, kellory and Motomom34 like this.
  20. BTPost

This is exactly WHY, it is critical to have OnSite verification, of the FACTS by a Trusted LOCAL, before going off Half-Cocked, after reading about some situation, published in the MSM.... An unaligned Observer with NO real agenda going in, is "Worth their weight in GOLD" and as close to a Peer Review, as one can expect to get.... Thanks so much, Pax... Well done......

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7