Pay it Forward

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by melbo, Feb 9, 2006.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

This was a melbo idea a couple yrs back

Originally posted at ARF http://archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=264296&page=1
    This thread was very popular and went 7 pages before it was shut down by TPTB... I don't know if we have the membership here to do it. But, I bet we all have a few things in our closet that we no longer need. The only change from the above is the email in the post... PM will do just fine.

I'll start this off with 3 10/22 mags.

[siren] 1 Ramline 50 rnd.
    [siren] 2 Eagle 25 rnd.
    Some 10/22s like them others don't. These are new and have been loaded and fired once.
    Given away as is
    Taker pays shipping after receipt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Take something and leave something... Pay it Forward

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cool idea. Well I may look around later and see what else would be worth adding but for now I know I have a little ammo I dont have guns for and if anyone wants to pay the postage I would be happy to pass it along.

I have a 100 round box of FMJ .389 ammo.

and about 25 rounds of 8mmx56R ammo in the stripper clips, this is NOT the standard 8mm ammo, it fit an 8mm straight draw bolt action (aka suicide bolt) Turkish mauser and is mil surpluss, I sold the gun and couldnt find the ammo at the time but it can be passed along for shipping fees as well.

3. melbo

Maybe this weekend some will look in the closet.....
    Surely someone has something they don't need

4. melbo

10/22 mags are gone...
    Still snowed in and will be going through some more stuff soon.

[elim]

5. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Dang I just saw this! Good idea - I'll look around and post something. Maybe a knife grinder the way things are going lately! :evil:

6. monkeyman

Well if your sending out the grinder let me know! lol

Ok, heres one for the knife makers or those who want to try one. I went to a local saw mill recently to get some slab wood and found out they were throwing away a bunch of the band saw blades that they use on the big saw mill so I picked some up. If anyone is interested in trying some as knife material I can send them a couple pieces of this. Once you remove the teeth the metal is about 1.5 inches or just a little more from side to side and its only around 1/16 inch thick. If your interested in some let me know and also let me know about how long of pieces you want, I can send them up to about 1 foot long. I made a knife from a piece of it today and it is easy to work and comes out pretty decent I'll try to post a pic of it tomorrow. [beer]

7. monkeyman

Ok, lets see how this goes over. I made up a blade the other day that Im not real impressed with but it should hold a decent edge and hold up pretty good. You can see it and get a better description of it here: http://survivalmonkey.com/forum/tematy34/monkeymans-new-projects-vt2793.htm
    Its the one with the cord wrapped handle. First person to ask for it gets it for $5 shipping. [beer]

8. melbo

OK. This was brought back from the dead to see if we can make it work here.
    Too few of a membership base 7 months ago...

Need a rifle? Take a rifle, have a rifle? leave a rifle....

hehehhee

9. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Re: a little ammo

I'll have to check to see what I've got. I've learned so much from this forum, I know I can find something to give.

Ryan

10. monkeyman

Re: a little ammo

Looks like the knife is spoken for. Glad to see the idea back, hopefuly it takes off a little better this time.

11. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

meat grinder and

some of that red (?) wheat, Y2K cans, nitrogen packed, 4 cans or so. I have 3 meat grinders, no sausage adapters, I can give 1 away, how many do I need?[dunno] do the PM thing, ain't home yet but it looks like next week.
    No 'puter but the library ain' too fur away.

ARRRR MATEYS

snowbyrd

12. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

By the way... the movie (Pay it Forward) is great!

The rule (in the movie) is that you have to repay a kindness that you've received ahead (to someone other than who gave you the kindness) 3 times.

13. ex3313

ex3313 Monkey+++

I can send a ultralite SKS stock to who ever wants it it's not a folder but looks like one got it at Cabaleas and don't like it free for the shipping

14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have a 6 round 45 ACP mag, new. For some reason, it won't feed in my full size 1911. (Duh [booze]) First PM with an address to send it to, gets it.

15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I got a lot of 1911 parts that I can send as needed; pretty much anything except frames and slides.

16. evilgijoe88

evilgijoe88 Monkey+++

i have one m-4 mag, somewhat worn. but it doesn't have the for law enforcement/ military use only markings. whoever wants it

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

found in the bottom of the ammo can :oops:ne like new barely used, hks speedloader #29(.44) was used on a redhawk I no longer own free to a good home...(PM me)

18. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I got some mini-14 mags and a few 92 Baretta mags lying around that I can pass on to a good home.

19. groovy mike

groovy mike Immortal

I have a handful of 7.7 Japanese cases (formed from 30-06) that I no longer have a rifle for. (GONE)
    Can anybody use BERDAN primed 308 brass? (GONE)

20. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'll definitely take the M4 mag evilgijoe88!

I'll take the berdan primed .308 brass, as well as, the Jap 7.7 cases groovy mike!

Please send me a PM and I'll give you my address for shipping.

Thanks,
    Con

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7