PC seems to be growing... getting kinda strange... and strikes again....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Jul 20, 2019.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

If I read the story correctly... refusing to wear something religious... is now a no no... you will be punished for doing so.... unless it's Christian?

Hmmm... doesn't that state have a large population of folks that require women wear them things?

could this be considered... pandering?

kinda a confusing issue here... is it a religion verses Bill of Rights verses personal choice verses ???

not real sure where this goes...

thoughts... opinions...

U.S. pageant winner refuses hijab, gets dethroned

[​IMG]

Officials of the Miss World America pageant removed Miss Michigan’s title because she refused to allow a Muslim woman to “forcibly” put a hijab on her head and then reported the incident on social media.

“I suggest you all fully review what you stand for and what you condemn,” wrote Miss Michigan Kathy Zhu to pageant officials after they ordered her title removed.

The IBTimes reported Zhu, a 20-year-old model who supports President Trump, was informed she had been stripped of the Miss Michigan title.

Pageant officials accused her of “offensive, insensitive and inappropriate content” and told her “effectively immediately, MWA does not recognize you as a participant of any sort or in any capacity as it relates to any and all events of MWA.”

The condemnation was signed by Laurie DeJack, state director of MWA Michigan.

Media reports cited Zhu’s “controversies” such as her mention of the fact that a majority of violent black deaths are caused by other blacks.

Zhu addressed the pageant’s reference to her being “insensitive.”

“Do you know what is ‘insensitive’? What’s ‘insensitive’ is that women in the middle east are getting STONED TO DEATH for refusing to obey their husband’s orders to wear hijabs. A muslim woman tried to FORCIBLY put a hijab on my head without my permission. I tweeted about it on my social media, and it got the attention of the media. Almost everyone was supportive of me refusing to be put in that situation.”

She added: “Are the people in MWA implying that they advocate for the punishment of women who refuse to wear a hijab? … If this was a catholic rosary that someone forced me to try on and I refused, people would not have even bat an eye.”

more on site....

Read more at U.S. pageant winner refuses hijab, gets dethroned - WND - WND

Magdala_Buckley, Dont, duane and 2 others like this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Good for her. It's past time to start rejecting this kind of BS.

Altoidfishfins likes this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Not just women

Gays love liberals & their support and liberals love to support Islam

Here is how gays are treated in some AOs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the body is then stoned.....

Islam? No thanks.

Yard Dart and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

This is still America. The land of the free ,, freedom of speech ,,freedom of choice,,, etc, etc,,,, supposedly. She made a choice to “Not” cower down and don the headgear of an ideology that she does not practice in . Why should she feel she needs to be sensitive to a foreign ideology in her own country ?? She shouldn’t,, and she shouldn’t be expected to. Screw the Michigan rubber backboned beauty pageant authorities. She doesn’t need their crown ,, she can go anywhere and get one , in my opinion. She’s earned more respect by not cowering down to them than what the crown would give her. That pageants mailbox needs to be flooded with letters for our support of Miss Kathy Zhu,,,

Oddcaliber and OldDude49 like this.
  6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

America’s Miss World, 9229 W Sunset Blvd, Suite 415, West Hollywood, CA 90069
    Couldn't find an email addy --

SB21, Magdala_Buckley and Oddcaliber like this.
  7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The State Director's Coordinator is Michael Galanes and his e-mail is mgalanes@missworldamerica.com. Tell him what you think of that crazy bitch in Michigan.

SB21 and Magdala_Buckley like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thank you Merkun and Wildbilly ,,,, I will be using those ......(y)

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

My note was kicked back as undeliverable, no such addressee, or some such beshonka. Time for a snail mail missive.

SB21 likes this.
  10. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

It's out of Hollywood, that explains a lot.

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The Miss World America website has a comments section at the bottom of the pages. Let them know how you feel.

SB21 likes this.
  12. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Post the web site . Don't be lazy , Im not looking for the section you spoke about .
    @Wildbilly

13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Mine too! Then I mailed a letter and dug around on their website some more and left a comment in the Comments Section that I found.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7