Peanut Butter

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Motomom34, Nov 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. secondrecon

secondrecon Monkey+++

[touchdown][sawgunner]Used to hoard the little cans that came in the sea rations and the crackers for good dining in the bush

Ganado likes this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

From years of prepping, I have learned not to buy the larger sizes of peanut butter. Instead I buy the normal size jars because I always have a jar in my desk, my son has one at his work, etc.. the smaller containers help with rotation. We have moved away from the cheap store brand of peanut butter and now like the natural stuff.

Homer Simpson and Ganado like this.
  3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I used to love, and I have NO idea why, peanut butter and...

... mayonnaise sandwiches.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  4. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

Personally not a fan, mostly because I'm just not a fan of either peanut butter or mayonnaise and never really was into bread which is ok since I have celiac disease, but peanut butter and mayo sandwiches are a nice treat for outside dogs in the winter especially if you need to hide meds in them. The mayo keeps it from sticking to the roof of their mouths. If she'd fall through the ice we'd bring her inside until dry and giver her one of those sandwiches, plus her regular food and a big bowl of warm milk. By the time she was dry she wanted to go back out and be with her sheep

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

As a kid we ate Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches, as well as Banana & Mayonaise and Pineapple & Mayonaise.

john316 likes this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Problem with peanut butter without preservatives is it goes stale . and that's no fun.

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Honey and Peanut butter sammichs!!!!

Dont, oldawg, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  8. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

There's a 1# jar in my BOB right now of a natural PB with honey in the old vapor space at the top of the jar. Normal movement doesn't do the mixing for me, unfortunately.

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Seawolf1090

I eat a lot of peanuts. Love them goobers!!
    Great if you suffer constipation. Goobers, like any nuts, are very oily and has a "softening effect".
    (I know...... 'legumes'....... sue me.)
    Easier on the system than stool softeners. Unless you have peanut alergy.

Motomom34, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Have I mentioned if it’s not Jif I don’t get within 10 feet of it? Lol. :D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

lol...It's maybe ...I don't know how to describe it. I don't like peanuts. I don't like peanut butter. II'm not a fan of sweets. I do like Jif. It's the least like peanuts from the taste standpoint, just the opposite of their campaign. I'm not a fan of sweets in general, but somehow Jif...hits something.

Motomom34, Meat and Zimmy like this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Did you ever READ the label.... JIF has the highest Sugar content of any of the major Peanut Butter brands....

SoaySheep likes this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I am REALLY partial to Super Chunk. :whistle:

3cyl likes this.
  14. Seawolf1090

The sugar bothers me far less than the Canola Oil. Potentially bad juju! None of that stuff in good natural PB.

15. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

Only if you let them sit out and get stale. that way the honey soaks into the bread and after dehydration it gets crunchy... a different type of crunchy than "crunchy peanut butter" which I don't like

Motomom34 likes this.
  16. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

but they do a good job of hiding it, of course my purchases aren't going to keep them afloat. I buy a small jar about every 2 years

17. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I use peanut butter in lieu of Mayonnaise. Freaks out the wife when I make a Bologna and PB sammich.

Yes, PB has fat, but less than mayo plus it has protein. Yummy.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm with your wife on this one,Sorry Pad-nahh!

SB21 and Motomom34 like this.
  19. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

PB and balony,,,,now that's a combination I haven't heard of,,,,not saying I wouldn't try it , just saying I don't have the urge to try it,,,,:D,,,,but then again ,, I don't usually go for the finer foods

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  1. oil pan 4
  2. JC Refuge
  3. JC Refuge
  4. Alanaana
    Ribeye, bay scallops, and mushrooms
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Aug 27, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. JC Refuge
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Dunerunner
  8. jefferson
  9. jefferson
  10. Motomom34
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Coyote Ridge
  13. ditch witch
  14. Dunerunner
  15. Ganado
  16. JC Refuge
  17. JC Refuge
  18. Coyote Ridge