Penn State Sanctions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Guit_fishN likes this.
  2. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Well, I guess you can unring a bell!

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Can't say I'd blame PSU if they said "fu" to the NCAA...two wrongs now make a right? 60 million, but NOT out of the football program? wtf?

Don't get me wrong - the crimes committed by Sandusky were quite bad...but how much was the Catholic church ordered to pay? Fair is fair.

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

While I can agree with punishing the schol administration, and those actually involved in this, the retraction of the wins is a swift kick in the nads for all the team members who worked damned hard for those wns - they EARNED them!
    Take Paterno's statue down and cast it into Gay Pride awards, fine the school..... but the boys should not be deprived of their honest wins. Just my humble opinion.

tulianr likes this.
  5. PAGUY

PAGUY Monkey

I have never been a believer in mass punishment. All of those that have done nothing wrong are being punished as well.

Improvise, Adapt, Modify, and Overcome. FTM/PTB

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Because, the football game was more important than the kids. Hence they had to delete the games...Athletes coaches everything.

I believe Sandusky was a coach on the sidelines, seeing how it was more important to win than do the right thing.... time to have some harsh sanctions.

The athletes can transfer out immediately, so not that big of a punishment to them.

And honestly, would you want to play football for the Penn State Pedophiles? That is what everyone is gonna see that program as for a long time.

I feel bad for the kids that grew up wanting to play football for Penn State, but fact is, much of the reason they had that dream was built on a false impression of the program Paterno had built. Turns out, the whole program was a sham and run by men with serious character faults. The corruption went all the way to the top as the investigation into the cover-up showed.

So it absolutely was a football issue and the NCAA had to impose harsh sanctions to show that winning football games at the cost of innocent children is not acceptable.

7. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Turn Linebacker U into Goaltender U. Shutdown the football program and let them focus on their new NCAA hockey team!

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

I think they could hang sunduskey and put the paterno satue back, not that I realy care.

9. TheEconomist

Or use the paterno statue instead of sandbags to weight down the noose.

10. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Knowing that a portion of each students tuition payment "is" earmarked for the Football Field has always been a bit of the PITA to me. Of course the schools say "You get free entry to all home games while you are here! Big deal!

Some schools spread jam on that fact some list it outright.

SO, why not give back all that money to past students, instead of to the NCAA!

And stop the process from here on!

11. TheEconomist

1834, Pennsylvania became the first state in the union to abolish public hangings ....

...I suppose they could melt the statue down and inject bronze into his veins!!??

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7