Perception and intentional misdirection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hot diggity, Aug 8, 2018.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

^^^^^^ This right here . I'm basically about the same. Got a few neighbors around me , they tried to play some seniority game when I got here .That didn't take to well , and was the beginning of their learning stage . The grass gets cut when I feel like it , work on my trucks in the yard , dress myself out of goodwill . Little do they know , I'm usually the 1st to offer help to my friends when in need . There's only 2 in my hood that I'll even acknowledge when I drive thru now,,,,,,,[finger]the rest of'em.

Tempstar likes this.
  2. BenP

BenP Monkey++

It's difficult to hide you preps when you live on top of a hill in a concrete house covered in solar panels, with a wind mill, antennas, security gates, etc. We also go to church with half of our small town, I struggled with the hiding issue and eventually decided to embrace it and started slowly talking to some of our neighbors and family about prepping. We are out in the country and many of the people out here are somewhat self reliant anyway, we have learned a lot from them about farming, gardening and preserving food. It is amazing how many of them have deep pantries, ARs and thousands of rounds of ammunition. I mentioned to some of them at a church function that I was thinking about getting an AR, and they started coming out of the woodwork. I have given out a lot of Baofeng radios and helped them with solar panels, security lights and cameras. Drugs are becoming a big problem in our area and with no local police force we have been dealing with the crime/theft that comes along with the drugs.

I think that regardless if there is some major event in the future or not, society is slowly degrading now and these preps that we put in place are already paying dividends.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Motomom34, mysterymet and arleigh like this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If one chooses a look ,it should not surprise them that others respond to "that look" .
    It is a response people dress for to begin with ,either to identify with a group or an attempt to disenfranchise with society altogether. or to blend as a wall flower not wishing to e noticed .
    When I was in Highschool I liked the calibration of old miners days, so certain dress for the occasion stuck with me to the degree I wore my grandfathers vest and a boler hat as "my school look" .
    During the actual celebration I looked like this. with a cow boy hat ,
    DSCN4389(1)(1).JPG Now I look like this
    Funny how you change as you get old .

4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

At least you still have hair...

5. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

That is what I was thinking. I'm a dead ringer and could misdirect folks into thinking I'm Arleigh with a hat on.

chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

That explains why I am being accused of being places, I've never actually been .

SB21, chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7