Permission to come aboard?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by M118LR, May 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Always had room and board for Uncle Sams Misguided Children! Owe a great deal precision rifle training to a "GUNNY" or two. (Spoken with deep respect.)

techsar, Ura-Ki, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[beer]

Ura-Ki, Ganado, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[welcomeLG] aboard :)

suppose @Yard Dart is buyin the Nuka Cherry ;) :D [winkthumb]

Ura-Ki, Ganado, M118LR and 1 other person like this.
  4. Yard Dart

LOL, I will always buy another brother in arms a beer or two!!!!

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  5. M118LR

This sounds like it could make for a rough mourning? Alcohol & Water don't mix, if things go well we shall only be charged with Piracy. If things go South........let Y'all's imagination run wild. LOL LOL

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  6. Yard Dart

Meh....a good soldier can chase the skirts and drink all night, then run Ardennes all morning........ ;)
    Airborne!!!

[​IMG]

7. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:lol: @Yard Dart

@tacmotusn could be the leader of the pirates around here ;) [js] [js] [pirate]

[salute] @ all yall :)

in no particular order [US_Army][usn][USMC][usaf][USCG]

GOG, Ura-Ki, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  8. M118LR

It's the short couple of miles swimming to and from the Beach, before and after the debauchery, that separates the Soldiers from the Sailors. LOL.

techsar, Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  9. Yard Dart

I will give you that point!! The beach is for watching the girls and sun tanning, not miles of swimming....I leave that to you folks happily!!!! :D

techsar, Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Welcome aboard indeed. I salute you sir. Officer or enlisted makes no difference on that. Just an olde retired E7 gunnersmate here. Was on surface skimmers 17 out of 22 years. All nuke capable except for 3 years. We got some interesting anti terrorist shipboard training from guys of your ilk. When we hosted on our own ship as bad boys for those being trained on retaking nuke exclusion areas or the bridge with hostages, (team high risk entries), we laid traps for the approach and picked off so many of the good guys before they could stack up a 2 entry points and hit us hard. Found out they resurrected those we supposedly eliminated #1. Then the trainers limited our fully loaded manual cock repeater 60 cal or so paintball pistols to 3 rds in each #2. we still killed too many so they reduced us to one ambusher outside (he had 5 rds) and the 2 inside guys had 2 rds each. When they swarmed us in a confined space, you could not get off more than 2 rounds and you were repeatedly shot even when giving up (lol ... they were pissed and it was personal. I had to reign my guys in, and I was having a ball, usually as the outside ambusher). Actually we learned an awful lot about how it could go for either side. It was pretty good training for a bunch of sea going normally not small arms team guys. Never had to do it for real. That really is pretty damn rare for the guys on the ships. Hosted some of your ilk on the last ship I served on (a destroyer tender - repair ship) running circles of Turkey/Pakistan while twin rotor helos shuttled your guys after dark back and forth to who knows where. We were not even supposed to talk to you guys. They had you all in unused staff area spaces on the tender, and area temporary off limits to ships company. We got some sort of unit award for support for y'all. LOL, we did nothing except stay out of the way. Anyway, welcome aboard!

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  11. M118LR

Thank You Sir, it has been a pleasure verbally fencing with you. Hope to do it again in the near future. A warm Thank Y'all for your service to all the Vets that chimed in. I also Thank all those that gave me a warm welcome ,funded, sacrificed, and supported any and all of OUR Troops without reservations. Thank Y'all!

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

So take 'em straight. I mean, jeez--

GOG, Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  13. M118LR

Do you have any idea of what fish do in water????????????????

tacmotusn, Thank You for the "Old Navy" Welcome. (Honestly) Last I remember I was only able to slip on one Viot Duck Feet fin at a time, and it was usually due to the combined efforts of folks that toiled without recognition. So Thank You for all your labors. I'm sure that drink & the devil will shall bring out the True Swashbuckler that I am as time goes bye. But I'd like Y'all to remember that I am honestly Thankful for all that Y'all have done in service to this Great Country. Thank Y'all again.

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki, tacmotusn and 2 others like this.
  14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Welcome!
    I hope sea monkeys can swing from branches as well as swim :D
    I know @tacmotusn does both land and see (and he can cook ) so we are keeping him!

Its nice to have new neighbors !

GOG, Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

M118LR, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. M118LR

May 16 is National Sea-Monkey Day in the United States. As not much more than a tadpole, I might not have earned such distinction Mam.

Ganado, tacmotusn and sec_monkey like this.
  17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Blue nose, and shellback, you can't be a tadpole any more Tadpole - Wikipedia . I actually got pretty tired of participation on even the upper side of the crossing the equator ceremony. Golden shellback twice, and five times regular crossing. No ceremony for the airflight to even things out.

Ganado, M118LR and sec_monkey like this.
  18. M118LR

A quick dip in the Blue ink prior to standing in a 55 gallon barrel of slush surrounded by a few penguins changes your expectations! But I skipped the Chiefs initiation and and entered the World of the Warrants. Don't you believe that the Air Wing didn't have it's own ceremonies. You just might not have gotten a Golden Invitation. LOL

Ever attended a UDT or SEAL Trident Ceremony? Drank down a set of Wings? Or been invited to a USMC Blood Stripe initiation? If you ain't invited that doesn't mean it don't happen. Just means that you haven't had the required experience to attend. No insult, just shared experience.

Ganado and tacmotusn like this.
  19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Bluenose and shellback. Drank my dolphins, too.

tacmotusn and M118LR like this.
  20. M118LR

Limited time on "PIGBOATS" (diesel) ghrit, usually treated like a torpedo, stuffed into a tube and launched into the Pacific never to be seen again. But I'm sure the time honored traditions of "Rights of Passage" apply even under the sea. The Title of Chief of the Boat seems to be held in some esteem both above and below the surface. JMHO.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Ganado and tacmotusn like this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. CaptainCalamity
  3. DurdenJames
  4. saki monkey
  5. old_code
  6. OlSarge
  7. TheRightToBearArms
  8. AR15gunbuilder
    New one from west Florida
    Thread by: AR15gunbuilder, Sep 28, 2020, 19 replies, in forum: New Member Introductions
  9. Bunker Bob
  10. Modus Operandi
  11. Northern california
  12. Murfylang
  13. Waydah
  14. Kruel J
  15. johnwintergardener
  16. JazzeeJ
  17. Kavode
  18. ArtVandelay
  19. MrBadExample
  20. Wildbilly