Personal Safety Information

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Feb 21, 2006.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Another great tool in an arsenal but as I warn everyone, relying on a response, either weapon or martial arts, is no replacement for vigilance and avoidance of risk,.

2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

when ya get old and can't run fer doo doo n yer reaction time n reflex's commence ta slowin...

(I didn't drink all that much.. well maybe I did but... well ain't fair... oh alright... ya bunch o meanie bullies! [boozingbuddies])

and while ya can still get in a good'n here n there... yer probably gonna lose any fight what last longer then 60 seconds...

a good firearm that ya know how to use and practice with... can be a real comfort... most times...

n ya don't even need to use it... just have it with ya... sorta n adult pacifier kinda thing?[applaud][rockon]

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

When evasion fails and you are backed into a corner and you've got nothing else...

You still have perceptive CrAzY.

Bad guys: "We're gonna carve you up like a pumpkin!"
    CrAzY: (Smeagol voice) "I eatz my punkinz raw and...wwwwrigling!"
    Bad guy 1: "Whu? Come here!"
    Bad Guy 2: "Naw, dude, he's crazy."
    Bad Guy 3: "I ain't never killed me a crazy person before. Seems wrong."
    (noticing the empathy from bad guy #3 and the fact he's the only one properly dressed in fresh clothing, CrAzY deduces he's got a close relationship with a mother figure, possibly grandmother.)
    CrAzY: *drawing several quick breaths like a panting dog* "I'm sorry I had to kill you mother...so much blood! *withdrawn* "Oh, the blood flowed all over...mom, where did you gooooo?" *evil smirk*
    Bad guy 3: "Oh, HELL NO!"
    CrAzY: *several twitching movements followed by a gurgle, whispering loudly and firmly* "Eat it, you said!", *curls fingers with hands held out in front of the chest and cracks neck, eyes wide* "Eat all of your dinner...now you're the main course, Mommy! Aaaahh hahahahaha!"

Suddenly realizing he's alone now, CrAzY walks away, unscathed.

*twitch*

SoaySheep, Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Never mess with an old man, crazy or not. You already know what he'll do, and it will NOT be a karate chop to the carotid.

*twitch, twitch*

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

One of the principles that I like people to think about is not to rely on a weapon of any kind to deter becoming a victim of a crime. If you think that just having a weapon will offer you protection does two things to your thinking that might get you killed or injured: First, you assume you are less vulnerable and therefore fail to practice the strategies that will help you avoid becoming a victim and second, you assume that weapon will protect you which it will not. You and your actions are the only one who can protect you. If you have a weapon, you better be ready to use it lethally when the time comes regardless of the perpetrator. If you aren't ready to do that, there isn't a weapon in the world that can save you from harm.

OldDude49, msscarlet, Brokor and 2 others like this.
  6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Eminently correct. A weapon is a tool. So are martial arts skills. Weapons and hand to hand will not protect you UNLESS you are ready and able and well practiced enough to use them. YOU are doing the protecting with the tools at hand.

RightHand likes this.
  7. RightHand

Exactly Merkun. Too many people assume the tool is their defense rather than a tool for their defense

msscarlet, Gator 45/70 and Merkun like this.
  8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

OK I'm lazy didn't feel need to explain all that but took good SA as a given... even at home one needs good SA

RightHand likes this.
  1. Hanzo
  2. Tempstar
  3. Motomom34
  4. Pax Mentis
  5. Brokor
  6. lonewolf88
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Witch Doctor 01
  9. Yard Dart
  10. melbo
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary