Pervasive Anti-North Korea Narrative

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silversnake, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Saw the movie "Olympus has Fallen" yesterday. Basically, North Koreans attack the White House and cause nuclear mischief. MSNBC news was featured dominantly in news clips and there were particularly loonie lefties in the cast. It seemed the perfect group to synchonize a broader messaging plan with. There are a lot of MSM stories hyping up anti-North Korean messaging. Red Dawn had North Koreans invading the US. I've also noted a lot of anti-North Korea hype on Facebook. I understand the place is a dump, and they are antagonistic as hell. I understand they did the nuke test, missile test and alleged hacking they've done. But, it seems like an excessive amount of media is being spent painting them as a major antagonist on the world stage.

So, what do you think. Is this the framing of a reason for a conflict or is it the making of a boogie man to fear as a distraction from real issues? Or is it something else?

I personally believe it is merely the making of a boogieman to scare the sheeple and waste FRNs on. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I think you are right in the sense that North Korea is being painted as the boogieman. We have to have an active antagonist to drive the country towards in focus, lest we will keep our eye on the real problems of this country. With the stock market being artificially pumped up, the economy barely growing and unemployment numbers being fabricated to not reflect the true number of unemployed or under-employed, they have to give us things other than that to be concerned with.

JABECmfg and Mountainman like this.
  3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Yes North Korea is the boogy man and six hundred million screaming Chinamen will soon come to our defense.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7