PFT - Bradley Manning Guilty Plea And The War On Whistleblowers

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Mindgrinder, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

He broke several US laws, he violated classified document control from unauthorized hands, he violated his oath to defend his country and he violated his brotherly bond to his fellow soldiers. That is why he plead quilty and why he should sit in a cold dark cell for quite some time. He is lucky the Marines at Quantico did not beat his ......

Bradley Manning pleads guilty to leaking secret government documents - latimes.com

bfayer and tulianr like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Should be at HARD LAbor.... making little rocks, out of Big Ones, 18 hours a day, Six Days a week....

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

He's a POS.

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Manning Acquitted of Aiding the Enemy

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/31/us/bradley-manning-verdict.html?hp&gwh=F591C01ED1E6A2BB741A191E0B66E7D2&_r=0

Comments on the outcome????

Brokor likes this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I don't think what he did was right. He should have gone to a superior, i.e. using the chain of command instead of giving the information to Wikileaks. My thought is Wikileaks has nothing but ill will towards the US thus what Manning did was give info to someone who doesn't want to fix the problem just spotlight it.

kellory likes this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

1. The "Government" is corrupt, illegitimate, tyrannical, and abusive.
    2. The military hierarchy is corrupt, and it basically follows suit with the executive.
    3. Any perceived "enemies" imaginable have been created, trained, funded, protected and used by our own secret government.
    4. The corporate media cartel will not report objectively. They clearly obey the secret government and their CFR masters.

After recognizing the above for what it is, how can anybody be upset that Manning delivered information like the video of a gunship raining death upon Iraqi civilians to Wikileaks? It's not like the information would have been used to shed light on what's really happening. Sure, according to plain black and white UCMJ, he's guilty -but we are living under tyranny.

People should be very careful who they choose to lend favor. The "Government" is a farce...every scrap of it.

Quigley_Sharps and Mindgrinder like this.
  7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

The fellow says that Manning could be sentenced to "136 years in a federal pound me in the a$$ prison" since Manning is gay it would seem that he is being rewarded for his treason.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I understand what you said but he gave the information to Wikileaks and not the proper authorities. There has got to be a few good men in the military that would have took proper action. I can't believe nor would I ever believe that the whole military is as corrupt as the government, but then not all in government are corrupt.

kellory likes this.
  9. Brokor

I'm sorry, and no offense or insult intended, but your statement is reminiscent of a deluded dream.
    Please explain the "proper authorities" if you can. Try to be in his position, surrounded by high level security personnel --who is gonna outrank, out maneuver and out weigh top brass without risking the information? The answer: nobody. Too many people live in this make believe, patriotic society, and they ACTUALLY think there's justice under tyranny. Listen, and I am saying all of this lightly and with a smile by the way, there is no hope within "proper channels". None. Zero.

All we have is the resistance. "Top Secret" and "Classified" are methods of compartmentalization and it essentially equates to a gag order. Under the flag of "National Security" there is no liberty, no justice, and no reason, just black and white directives. This is exactly how murderers and genocidal madmen stay in power.

10. Yard Dart

I understand where you are coming from @Brokor with the disdain for what is taking place in our government with, secrets, lies and deception against the people at every turn. Tyranny is here and the sheep just are oblivious.... and they best open their eyes now to what is happening to our freedom & liberty and demand that the constitution be adhered to instead of being circumvented.... or we are doomed to an all out battle to regain our freedom. In my book, I think we may have already crossed that line.... YMMV.

But when it comes to Manning- he took an oath to the nation to defend it from enemies foreign and domestic, and he violated it... pure and simple. And for that he is guilty as you said under the UCMJ. I for one would not want him in my foxhole as he is more interested in his agenda than "my" safety and security.. He put men down range in jeopardy with his treasonous actions.... and for that he will pay.

As others have said in this thread- he is a POS and will get his just reward for his actions.

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  11. Brokor

1098006_643582198986095_1896111997_n.

This sums it up nicely. I see the arguments about what he did was wrong. As long as there is no support for the corrupt system already in place, I tend to agree.

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

If I believe that all are corrupt and all are basically tyrants, then I have to believe that the Constitution and the oath that they take is dead. I refuse to believe that. I don't live in Lala land, I am optimistic yet know that reality is not always pretty. I refuse to believe that there was not one person whom Manning could have turned to if he wanted correct the wrongs. Why could he have not contacted one of his Senators or Congress person if military is full of corrupt personnel? Why contact Wikileaks one month after being shipped overseas? I have read Manning's wiki page (I know that this can be written by anyone) but it seems to me that Manning hated the govt and the US, plus was a mess. The people that I know who have been in the military and are currently in the military are good decent people. They would do what was right.

Bradley Manning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sapper John and kellory like this.
  13. Brokor

Ask yourself what kind of "sensitive" information a PFC could have.
    Now, ask yourself who stands to gain from persecuting Manning and making an example of him.
    We live in the information age, where freedom to communicate across the globe instantly can be had by almost anyone.
    The Elite have been on record stating that (Brzezinski, Bush, etc.) the internet must be controlled and that it is a hindrance to their plans.
    Please understand the importance of this issue --this is not even REAL in the sense the media portrays it to be.
    Once the globalists have regulated and taxed the internet to a degree that it can be readily censored, it's game on. No obstacles.

The Wikileaks and Anonymous movements, although valiant in theory, may also be infiltrated or steered by the very same monster they claim to fight. They could also be genuine resistance outfits, fighting against the machine. And here we sit, arguing over the effects of a problem instead of focusing on the problem itself.

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I ask myself quite often what is real and what is an illusion. Wikileaks exposed and now with the Snowdon exposure, I am surprised that "regulation" steps haven't been taken. Snowdon's information showed that no one is safe, that privacy is a fallacy while on line. The "kill switch" is real. They are still discussing things up on the hill and it will be interesting to see what "solutions" they come up with. IMO- whatever they solution they come up with, it will not benefit the everyday citizen. What falls under the homeland security definition to protect us has become real broad.

Many companies and banks highly encourage that all transactions be done on-line. This is very suspicious. They seem to be pushing people to become dependent/trained to rely on something they could turn off. Look at how trained we have become on the debit card. Most people do not have enough cash to fill their tank. I have been to stores when their computers were down and many people had to walk out because they don't have cash or check to pay for their purchases.

15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

It wouldn't matter if they carried gold bars. The store could not process the sale without the computer to ring it up with, adjust inventory, calculate taxes, on taxed, non-taxed, and food-stamp credits. Most cashiers these days, can't even make proper change for a twenty.

oldawg and Motomom34 like this.
  16. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Actually, unless he took a different oath than I did, he swore to defend the CONSTITUTION from enemies foreign and domestic and his actions were very much in keeping with that oath.

AmericanRedoubt1776 and Brokor like this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Television is running a new military recruitment ad that says defend the constitution but fails to say from foreign or domestic enemies. It was very odd, it struck me that the oath seems to have changed or the commercial portrayed it as such. I will search for it.

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Here it is. A Global force for Good. It struck me as odd.

19. Yard Dart

We took the same oath @PaxMentis, and he did as well. I just believe manning is not a patriot.... and you must think he is. We are all entitled to our opinion.... they have not regulated that so far, though the .gov try often enough.

20. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I don't actually consider him a patriot, and believe his motive had more to do with self-aggrandizement than duty. However, I also don't consider him a traitor...certainly not to the degree that the people he exposed are.

Mostly my post was in response to the misquoting of the oath. I hear/read it misquoted frequently substituting the government or the flag for the constitution of late...primarily as a method of marginalizing those of us whose primary allegiance is to the constitution, but also by the leadership of both "major" political parties in order to continue minimizing the import of the document itself.

kellory likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7