PFT - Bradley Manning Guilty Plea And The War On Whistleblowers

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Mindgrinder, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

The people currently in charge (as well as any who will be "allowed" to be elected/appointed to high office in the foreseeable future) most certainly do not want the idea of defending against domestic enemies of the constitution. had she said "Defend the country...", I am confident that "foreign and domestic" would have been included.

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Fair enough, you had me on the mis-quote and I stand duly corrected. I agree that many have tried to misrepresent the oath to marginalize the constitution, I am not one of those folks I assure you. Manning's actions in no way were in regards to duty, the constitution or our nation. They were purely for his "self-aggrandizement " as you said...

bfayer likes this.
  3. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Watch the whole thing old man....
    You are Brad Manning.

4. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

This says it all:
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.” – Founding Father Patrick Henry (1775)

Mindgrinder likes this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Mindgrinder likes this.
  6. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

He is not asking to be transferred to a female prison.

8. Yard Dart

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

He didn't get to choose a Prison, It was chosen by the Court. They sent him to Ft Leavenworth Punishment Barracks, where he will do his Hard Time. They do NOT give Hormones Shorts at Leavenworth, or Sex Change Operations. It is a very Strict Regimented Life, PERIOD....

Pax Mentis likes this.
  10. Yard Dart

And that is what he earned.....

11. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

However, it is not near as bad as it was "back in the day"...or it wasn't about 20 years ago and has probably gotten even easier since then.

I was over on the civilian side for about 2 months while on my way to Lompoc a couple years before I retired and the 2 facilities coordinated a lot. I remember thinking that if Disciplinary Barracks had been as modern and "wimpy" in the 60's, I might have chosen it over Vietnam. They lived better when I was there than grunts had in '68-'70 in RVN...

By the way, I was not an inmate...I was Acting Supt. while a permanent replacement for the prior Supt. who retired suddenly due to illness was chosen.

He should be happy he is not a civilian on his way to Marion or Pelican Bay...at least at LDB he will get plenty of "attention" instead of total isolation.

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

He wants to become "Chelsea." That should go over big, eh?

13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

He has used a couple of women's names. He isn't just gender confused, he is not even sure WHO he wants to be.

14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

The oath hadn't chamged as of a few months ago when i reenlisted.

15. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Saw on interview with his defense lawyer on FOX, lawyer claims he is going to fight for him to get those hormone shots.

This guy has some serious issues, definitely has enough drama about him to make him a girl.

Hosster and Pax Mentis like this.
  16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

His LawDog can fight the .MIL all he wants but it is VERY Unlikely that he would even get a hearing in a Military Court, and SCOTUS rarely, if EVER, takes a Case that comes from the UCMJ. When you Swear in to the .MIL, you sign up for UCMJ, and it IS a Binding Contract. .....

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7