PFT: The Future Of Canadian Gun Laws

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Mindgrinder, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I'm a NRA member simply because if everyone at a range belongs; the club gets their insurance a lot cheaper.

Plus my Rifleman and her Freedom make great throne reading if ya know what I mean.:D

2. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Not to turn this into an NRA thread, but it's darned hard to find a shooting club that doesn't require NRA membership these days. The NRA took a page from the federal government's playbook and started giving all kinds of goodies to the gun clubs on the condition they require NRA membership.

I get at least one NRA email a day...sometimes 2 or 3. Their marketing is aggressive.

Yard Dart and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

No intention of turning it into a NRA thread. The clubs need insurance and the NRA supplies it at an affordable price. Not everyone can shoot on their own their property and of those who can, very few can shoot 600 or 1000 yards. I can shoot here about 100 or so. Yes I can bring in equipment and shoot farther; however, I like the trees.

As far as the NRA's constant contribute mailings, they make good paper for starting a fire in the wood stove.

It comes down to who speaks for us; as the anti-gun side spent 42 million on their anti-gun cr*p as compared to 5 million by the NRA.

As you know, the military teaches a team concept; so without the NRA, where is ours? Yes, I get the rugged individualist concept, however I see them losing.

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Put enough in the spam box and it will end.

oldawg likes this.
  5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

They don't have my email.. ;)

6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

\

Simple "return to sender" on each envelope. Same for both replys.

Sooner or later they'll get the message.

7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@HK_User
    Not if it is good for starting fires. ;) All joking aside, no matter if it is the NRA or others; it is a tremendous waste of paper.
    Same as so many online retailers, if they knew it, the NRA would fill my email with junk mail. I bought my grandson a jersey from the NFL shop who email bombed me as Christmas approached.

8. chimo

NRA = a mechanized division
    GOA = a light infantry regiment

;)

ghrit likes this.
  9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Mechanized infantry are the heavy lifters. :)

Yard Dart and ghrit like this.
  10. chimo

Until it's time to retrea....err...attack in a different direction...then the light infantry are tasked with covering the six of their new line of advance. :p

Tikka and kellory like this.
  11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Sending armor alone without infrantry was Egypt's mistake against Israel in their first war. After the educational experience, the next time Egypt sent infantry with their armor. Although, Israel "won," the second war was a lot closer than the first.

BTPost likes this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Here's to "Light" Infantry. This especially applies to the burden of GOA and in my state OFF in defending our rights.
    [​IMG]

Yard Dart likes this.
  13. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@3M-TA3
    I hope he won't see combat with that camp out load. ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I believe the difference is the quantity of personnel and heavier firepower.

I believe today, light's focus is their capability to be deployed rapidly; Airborne, 10th Mountain, are light infantry. Heavy can be static or mobile, 3rd ID, 4th ID, 25th ID etc. The heavy lifters. Heavy fights in tight formations and light is more open.

However, bumping heads with light infantry would make one wonder why they are called light.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  14. chimo

Because they are usually light on supply lines. No hot chow for us tonight! ;)

Yard Dart likes this.
  15. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

No resupply birds in this modern age? ;)

Even Vietnam era Legs enjoyed the luxury of a Huey bringing goodies...

16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm thinking he's wishing that pack was full of ice cold beer.

17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Speaking as a former member of the 25th Infantry Division (Light Infantry).... that load out he is carrying is standard.....
    Tropic Lightning!!!
    Light Fighters...... not so light ;)
    YD

Sapper John likes this.
  18. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I was told the 25th's patch was the electric strawberry. I'm authorized as they always came to help glorified light infantry. ;)

No. they aren't exactly light; however, same as the SAS loses their burgen that load out vanishes when they hit the sh*t.

HK_User and Yard Dart like this.
  19. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

we always called it the electric fig leaf...

Tikka and HK_User like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The electric strawberry was what we called it..... Light Fighters are a fierce bunch... We did a lot of fun shit that nobody heard of.... glad I had the opportunity to be a member of the 25th!!!!!! :cool:

Tikka, 3M-TA3, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. Motomom34
  4. BTPost
  5. Dunerunner
  6. OldDude49
  7. oldman11
  8. Ura-Ki
  9. OldDude49
  10. OldDude49
  11. Motomom34
  12. Dunerunner