Pics of your Firearm SHTF setups

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by knophear, Oct 22, 2008.

1. knophear

knophear Monkey++

I wasnt contradicting myself. I dont like the atf, but that doesnt mean I am anti-government. I f I was, I wouldnt have to live here, would I? The ATF DOES try to keep people safe...OVERLY safe by seizing guns that are perfectly legal and jailing there owners for no good reason. Ruby Ridge and Waco really did tick me off and I am allowed to have my own views, arent I? I didnt come to this thread to get flogged. I just wanted to get and give some info. I am a visual person, so I wanted to SEE, (with my eyes) what other survival savvy people had. I dont even know what the heck FLETC is. Inform me, please. This is the first forum Ive been on where I have recieved crap just for a post. I like pics....theres no prob with that. My cpu is full of them. I would post my own but I dont have a camera in working condition right now. Please, guys. I am NOT A GOVERNMENT AGENT! Come on.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[cmfrt]These are freaky times my friend, used to be you could go into a court and cite freedom of speech, thought and from unreasonable search and siezures. Seems That America is in the past.
    Executive orders describing the seizure and redistribution of "hoarded " goods makes it a good idea to play your cards alittle closer to your chest...If not the goobermint,now your neighborhood Knows where to go to find shotguns ak's, ars and ammunition.Hope you've got water and some food secured to go along with those black toys..( Don't answer that!) [boozingbuddies]Welcome to the monkey, Hopefuly you'll take this as a good natured ribbing and learning experience.. [boozingbuddies]
    "Fletc" is the federal law enforcement training center more than afew monkeys here know what and where it is they train most federal badge carriers (marshalls, postal inpectors etc..) Our HQ photolab guys used to put on the l.e. photo courses there. Couple of times a year.Do I honestly believe you are a fed? No; so just move along.There isn't anything anyone could do either way.

3. knophear

knophear Monkey++

Ok. Moving along....

4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Yep, discretion is a must for serious preppers. where's the thread about the ant and the grasshopper? Go read that and you'll see what we mean.
    Welcome to the board and no offense meant. You, I assume, found us in quest to learn and expand your survival preps. Well here is a good lesson. Prepare, store, stock up, but don't advertise.
    In a severe SHTF situation "Hoarding" laws would undoubtedly be implemented and pics of your preps would be "evidence" for TPTB to use against you.

5. knophear

knophear Monkey++

How wil they know the person behind the Avatar if the user doent post his name/locale/etc. I posted this for pics. If none besides Tommy's, maybe I should shut it down so the feds wont see.

[worthless]

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I don't really care (its none of my business, and I'm sure I've made similar mistakes at one time)
    but here's a scary example for a friendly heads up :)
    Buddy you Really need to be more careful ( forums are very dangerous places to "kiss and tell" )....
    recognize this?

"it's been 9 years sinse i got hurt. XXX put in at c3/4. in the mean time c4/5 and c5/6 have gone out. XXXX maximum settlement of 50k XXX I hope this is true. anyone else out there from louisiana?"

Is it the same guy? Sound familiar? could in fact be somone else. The net is amazingly powerful. My cost zero and about 30 seconds....Next stop would be La workman's comp public data....But I'm not a private detective, thief, .or a stalker.Gotta go put new belts in the snow blower...[coffee2] [gone]
    have a great day :) [chopper]
    <!-- / message --> <!-- controls --> [​IMG]

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Point taken. Pix by themselves, in specific context, have some value to point out steps that can be taken toward improvement of your and others preps. Poking around in the "back to basics" threads will show you a lot of things worth considering, complete with pix of various (for example) first aid kit.

The risk is in showing off the whole stash with ways to identify location and potential vulnerabilities such as medical conditions. The anonymity is never a given here or on any other forum, and the more info showing up in pix, the better a fix can be gained if anyone who (read as dot gov or neighborhood goons) wants to add to his stash at the expense of yours.

And, with a lot of diligence in searching, you can probably find enough information to tie me down quite closely, but you will not find enough to make a visit worthwhile even tho' it "might" be. The same can be said for a lot of others here, new and old.

And, avatar or location notwithstanding, your IP is unique to the computer you are using. Nothing else is needed to tie you down within meters, close enough for government work, and if your stash is big enough to make it worthwhile, any one else. If you post from public machines, of course the situation is different as long as you don't use the same one regularly.

If I were Tommy, I'd edit my post somewhat, using Clyde's guidance.

This is supposed to be a learning forum as well as networking of like minded individuals. Threads like this sure add spice, tho', no need to "shut it down."

[ghrit]

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Same here I've posted way more personal info than is really smart...But this kinda thread makes one think...Don't take offense to the piling on; you inadvertently brought up a good topic.( and took a bit of a monkey thumpin 'for the team...).

9. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Knophear.....I was not calling anybody anything. I was making a serious point about information gathering versus information sharing. Come and gather as much information as you want. All I wanted to do was make a real big point about things and I used your post as example. I have personally met about 6 of the primates on this site. that is after 5 years of getting to know. I haven't shared my shtf prep pics, but have discussed things in a face-to-face conversation around a campfire.

Tommy...you preps are cool. Keep them to yourself no matter where you live. What I typed was not meant to piss any of you off.

LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS. How does seeing someone's preps help you prep?

Choose your guns (9mm or 45 ACP handguns, .223 or .308 battle rifles, a good scoped rifle in .308 or 30-06) Buy food and hide it. Don't tell your neighbors. WTSHTF, you will be called a hoarder and they will redistribute your shit to the people who didn't prepare.

THat is why you gather information, maybe share a little via PM on site, and then put into practice the things you learn here. Don't take my thead stirring personally. I was simply trying to show you what could be used against you.

The smartest guy on this site, IMHO, is Minuteman (sorry Ghrit, you are the wisest). Read all of the threads he writes in and then put into practice.

10. Clyde

Yes. Its LA because there is a duck hunting blind bag under the AR picture in the last picture. I didn't even look at the IP address.

11. Clyde

no matter what anyone says, i will always like boobs.

12. ghrit

[BSf]Somebody has been blowing serious smoke up your monkey butt.

13. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Monkey++

yea the user name is a giva away because i do like it but hey if someone wants to find out stuff they don't need that they can find it other ways . i hand out in hacker forums and believe me you would be surprised at what they can do . these days you just as soon run around with your ssi number right on your forehead . alot of people try to hide by useing diferent usernames but thats no use all you need is their ip address and thats it you can get everyone of their usernames from that so it really doesn't matter . i have a few trooper budies and if i wanna find some good info out on a person i give them their plate numbers man thats when you get the real low down .lmao you can get the ssi numbers and everything prison records you name it it's yours. and with the new goole street view well hey it's all fairgame now you can go right into their driveway and get tha numbers right off their cars so it don't matter if they post a picture of their cars with the numbers blured out just go to google street view and walk up to their front door and get it.

14. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Man I have this sudden erg of Cajun food.[beer]

15. ghrit

Check the recipes thread, might be one for jambolaya. I think I just might need some myself.

16. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Here is part of it
    gun-collection4.

17. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I trust SC and if he thinks it's okay to publish pics then I guess I can put mine up!
    c00015a.JPG

18. ghrit

guffaw. Choke. Hard to breathe --. Snort and roar.

19. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

LOL....

20. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Um, ya what Tango said [peep]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7