Pill Poppers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, May 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I’m sitting here in severe p neuropathy pain reading this. I’ve tried everything . Next will be pain management. So please do not run down pill poppers as you call them,one day you might need them yourselves.My pain rating is a 8 which is pretty severe. A month ago I had a spinal cord stimulator put in,a big money maker at a cost close to $60,000.00.and it has made my pain worst. What can you do? So please do not call someone a pill popper until you have walked in their shoes,please.
    [flag]

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

My post is obviously not referring to legitimate usage for pain management. I’ve also walked many miles in many different shoes.

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I believe Meat may have meant something different. But because he is a man of few words, his true point of the thread is not clear.

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

@oldman11, I'm not talking about true pain & pain management but addict like behavior.

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I, like Meat says ,, am not bashing the ones that need and rely on the pills. It’s the I guess you call them the recreational abusers , that tend to get addicted, and then continue on the downward spiral that inevitably will cost our tax dollars to house , feed , ween them off of their choices. My daughter was prescribed an opioid, for a shoulder injury from a car wreck , that wasn’t her fault, for 8 freakin years. My daughter kept telling the doctor she didn’t want to be on pills forever. The doc said we’ll figure something out. My daughter is independent and doesn’t tell me everything, and she was embarrassed to tell me that she had become addicted to them. Her addiction was physical, not mental. Which means her body aches and suffered the withdrawals which I guess was telling her brain she needed the drug. But , the problem was the doctor for keeping her on them for that amount of time. So , you can see I’m not bashing legitimate needers ,, and to some people, that may be your only option. But for a doctor to put a 23 year girl on that stuff for that period of time,,, he needs his ass stomped,, and run out of the profession for not doing his job . If he can’t do it , then refer them to someone that can.
    Rant over,,,:mad:

6. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

A lot of the problem is the western medical training is to treat/manage symptoms instead of treating the cause. Which is great if your the drug company :censored:

7. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Bingo!

There ain't any money in cures.

8. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

But there is in pain management. This month's Consumer's Report has an article that covers some of the alternative approaches.

oldman11, GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

From what I know about the Opioid Issue, the REAL problem is MDs were pushing Opioids to patients, for just about ANY kind of Pain... These patients just wouldn't, or couldn't, stand ANY PAIN whatsoever, so they used them heavily, and NOT as recommended by the OEMs... MDs got KickBacks from the OEMs for prescribing them, and many folks just got HOOKED... Then when they should have been OFF the Opioids because the underlying condition was healed, they were already HOOKED, and needed the Opioids to just stay EVEN... Then when their prescriptions run out and the MDs can't justify renewing them, they head for the Street Drugs, and spiral down the Illegal Drug Path... This leaves the Chronic Pain folks out in the cold, because the MDs are now afraid of the DEA. because for years they over prescribed, and now the people that NEED these Drugs can't get them...

wideym, arleigh, Mountainman and 6 others like this.
  10. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

That's exactly right.

11. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I never hear about taking personal responsibility. Is there really anyone who hasn't heard that meth or heroin or fentanyl is poison?
    WTF? otherwise, I think people should be left alone as long as they cause no problems. Pain and dealing with life, everyone has a different way they cope.

Mountainman, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Problem is when the pill is gone then what ? What do these people become ?
    Whether it is prescribed or not , unless you are prepared with alternatives ,post SHTF will be a much bigger world of hurt.
    I have seen the Jeckel and Hyde shift in people on marijuana and lived among many guys that did drugs and it not pretty .
    My argument is that it is so easy to get hooked and few have the courage to choose alternatives.

13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I broke 3 vertebrae in 1985. Different era perhaps because no surgery and pretty much no pills. Not judging/bragging just an FYI. Overcoming pain with the mind is possible. My Gramps cured his hemorrhoids the same way. With his mind. All true. All true. :D

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    SB21, oldman11, GOG and 2 others like this.
  14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've had hemorrhoids since they first came out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

oldawg, Motomom34, OldDude49 and 3 others like this.
  15. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I see what you did there.

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  16. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

After cancer surgery and a triple heart bypass, I greatly appreciate pain meds so they have a definite purpose.
    However I made sure to be careful and as the pain decreased to decrease the meds. I titrated down and was able to stop, in fact there were some left over.

But I'm not special, it's just self awareness & common sense.

That said, I'm a former drunk and I took my share of drugs. It was quite a task to sober up, so my defenses are high against anything that could jeopardize my life.
    I took those pain meds knowing it could be a slippery slope but they were necessary & forewarned is forearmed.
    I didn't get sober, change myself & my life to throw it away again.

I don't blame most folks who get hooked on meds, big pharma incentivises it.
    The self awareness to get right is a matter of personal responsibility and at some point a choice is made, consciously or subconsciously.
    We see the results of those choices every day.

I'll help anyone who needs help, but I won't co-sign their bs.

17. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Most of the pills they're poppin' aren't illicit drugs but anti-depressants and such marketed to them to fix all that ails them. It's the American Way! A pill or two a day to keep the doldrums at bay.

GOG and Meat like this.
  18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Around here we call those "Happy Pills" and avoid them like the Plague... If you need pills to make you "Happy" then you need better MDs, and change of Shrinks....

Mountainman, GOG, Byte and 2 others like this.
  19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I was trying to avoid this thread.....
    but the dam think keeps popping up

It is NOT our place to tell people if they should or should not take opiods, pills etc.
    That is between each individual, their Dr, and their own convictions.

IF someone needs opiods great. I dont like to hang around people who are on them, but who am I that I can sit in judgement and condemnation of another person. I have not walked in their shoes.

Some of you might want to start reading yoru Bible again. Just Saying.
    Mathew 7:1-5

oldawg, Motomom34, GOG and 4 others like this.
  20. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I didn’t realize this thread would be offensive to some. Oops. My apologies.

oldman11, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7