Pistol caliber carbine for older people

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by hank2222, May 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This would be slicker then Dog Snot, In 10 mm!
    Lower the sights, perhaps a nice set of Nite Sights installed, trim the mag well down, and replace that funky stock with a side folder like the FAL PARA, and we really have something now!
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and hank2222 like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

What happened to the Auto Ordance LW .45 Thompson?

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Is that the side-cocker that takes MP5 magazines? Just was looking at a kit to build one but damn, $900 for a receiver?

Gator 45/70, hank2222 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Ura-Ki Yep! Sign me up and I would purchase one right now! I just don't understand why the industry haven't jumped on the 10MM, seems like a no brainer to me. The only reason I can come up with is they have sunk costs in their other firearms and wish to recoup those costs...

Gator 45/70 and hank2222 like this.
  5. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Just Right Carbine makes a 10mm

Gator 45/70, hank2222 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

How this got started in my head we have 6 small frame pre teen girls in the family group .so we got to looking at rifles for them when her father a gunsmith built her a so-called PCCs rifle set up and it took off from them with a lot of people in the family who like me are older in the family unit

Bandit99, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  7. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I'm of the opinion a tuned pair of Keltec PMR-30 and CMR-30s would be optimal.

Lightweight guns and ammo, mid-range lethality, ammo available in many places, and (arguably) armor piercing in the carbine. Interchangeable high capacity magazines.

It's only a consistency in reliability that holds these back from what I believe would make them the new P/PCC choice of the generation.

hank2222 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I got a PMR a few weekends ago in a trade. 100% in my kit now. Candycaned a bunch of random tipped/random velocity crap in mine, ran it all smooth. Good trigger, low recoil, solid reliability 100 odd rounds in.

Bandit99, Ura-Ki, hank2222 and 2 others like this.
  9. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

One other thing on the 9mm PCC is that your muzzle velocity will be much higher. In my CZ with a 16" barrel a standard 9mm 124 HP is right at 1500 fps and a little over 600 ft/lbs ME. That is a lot of punch for a little pistol round

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and hank2222 like this.
  10. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

I think as I get older I will still be kickin old school revolver and lever action .357. ( I know its not a carbine but close in size)
    The recoil is low for me, most guns I seldom notice recoil so there I am no help.
    I made a truck gun that is basically a carbine SKS that I like allot there are pictures on here somewhere.
    Although not sure on any hand gun. First cup of coffee sorry if no help.

11. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I really like the idea of the .357 lever gun. My wife shoots a .357 revolver as she doesn't have the hand strength to load a Glock mag with more than 4 rounds and she has a .22 Marlin that she loves. May just have to do that someday soon.

Idahoser, Gator 45/70 and hank2222 like this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. Oddcaliber
  3. Ura-Ki
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. Witch Doctor 01
  6. T. Riley
  7. hank2222
  8. Ura-Ki
  9. AxesAreBetter
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34
  12. Motomom34