Please Give my plane back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alpha Dog, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Now this dumba$$ thinks that they are going to just hand this over after catching the US in their air space using it.

envoy-placed-630x80_021206.

Iran rejects U.S. request to return spy plane<CITE class="byline vcard">

57282735_57282734.

Iranian television showed the downed U.S. spy drone. (Reuters)

Iran has--unsurprisingly--rejected an American request to return its downed spy drone.
    President Obama, speaking at a news conference with the visiting Iraqi prime minister Monday, said the United States had asked Iran to give the downed American reconnaissance plane back.
    "We've asked for it back," President Obama said of the drone Monday. "We'll see how the Iranians respond."

Iranian news agencies ridiculed the request on Tuesday as Iranian officials made clear they had no intention of giving back the American drone.

"Obama begs Iran to give him back his toy plane," proclaimed a headline from Iran's Fars News Agency Tuesday.

"We are still wondering how he shamelessly asked Tehran to give the US back the stealth drone which had violated the Iranian airspace for espionage," the news agency wrote, referring to the American president.

"The American espionage drone is now Iran's property, and our country will decide what steps to take regarding it," Iranian Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi told ran's ISNA news agency Monday, according to a BBC report. In another statement t the Mehr news agency, Vahidi said that "instead of apologizing to the Iranian nation, [the U.S.] is brazenly asking for the drone back."

The unusual American-Iran media jousting over the downed RQ-170 drone came as an Iran prosecutor announced Tuesday that he has indicted 15 "American and Zionist" spies.
    "IRNA on Tuesday quoted Tehran's chief prosecutor Abbas Jafari Dowlatabadi as saying the suspects carried out espionage activities against Iran," the Associated Press reported Tuesday. "He did not elaborate on the nationality of the suspects, nor say when they were detained."
    Last week, Lebanon's al-Manar TV, which is controlled by the Iran-allied Shiite militant group Hezbollah, identified 10 alleged undercover CIA officers working in Lebanon with diplomatic cover.

"Hezbollah made the names public in a broadcast Friday night on a Lebanese television station, al-Manar," the Associated Press's Adam Goldman reported Monday. "Using animated videos, the station recreated meetings purported to take place between CIA officers and paid informants at Starbucks and Pizza Hut."

"The disclosure comes after Hezbollah managed to partially unravel the agency's spy network in Lebanon after running a double agent against the CIA, former and current U.S. intelligence officials said," Goldman wrote.

The CIA dismissed the claims made in the Hezbollah broadcast, citing CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood: "The agency does not, as a rule, address spurious claims from terrorist groups. I think it's worth remembering that Hezbollah is a dangerous organization, with al-Manar as its propaganda arm. That fact alone should cast some doubt on the credibility of the group's claims."

2. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Maybe he should have bowed to this one and kissed his ring as well.
    I just wish we had some in this country that had a backbone to stand for what is right !!

Alpha Dog likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Uv cuss, the iranian news agency took some, ah, editorial privilege with the so-called quote from zero. Fact has to be that we asked for the return, but surely did not expect it home in any near term, and certainly not intact. My guess? Money or other trade goods will change hands with China or Russia.

4. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

I'm just happy we have so many country's we can count on to help us when this fool starts WW3.

5. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Like who? The only ones worth mentioning who are remotely likely are the Aussies.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well if one crashed in my back yard...I would keep it as well...
    But then again we know that these are not being used to spy on the American people....
    Right..???

7. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

I think we are going to be the lone ranger if this gets started.

chelloveck likes this.
  8. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Aussies already have their hands full with their Muslim Invasion err sorry "Immigration" problem. Not to meantion the Government Liberals nearly have the population disarmed

Gunny Highway likes this.
  9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I may get flamed for this opinion, but I gotta side with the Iranians in this case. A sovereign nation has the RIGHT to protect it's airspace against ANY aggressors or invaders. Like when Russia shot down Power's U2 - it was their right to do so. WE would do no less. It's a risk of the Cold War (what, y'all thought that shindig was over?)
    Our big blunder was in NOT having a viable self-destruct system in that thing. "Ahmaflamingidiot" should never have gotten it in anything close to intact order.
    Egg on our collective faces.......

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I believe that invading one's sovereign air space is an 'Act of War' so if something starts, it looks like we started it.

Gotta love how the CIA can use an 'accident' to create a war. Oh wait, they would never do something as overt as that. This is AmeriKa.

11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

This and other situations remind me of TLR

The metaphor is an apt one

The Kiwi politicians have a little more spine than the Australian politicians when it comes to conforming to USA foreign policy, however when it comes to following in the USA's footsteps when the USA goes blundering off to pointless wars, both have a pretty long track record.

Chances are whatever the colour of Australian government....it is probable that Australia will be waddling dutifully behind the USA when the USA falls into its next military punji pit.

12. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

You mean like operation northwoods kind of hard to think of them as the good guys after you know the facts.

13. Alpha Dog

I think it will end up in Russia if O-dumba$$ don't get something done. Which I have to say I agree if I was ruler of a country and found out that another country was running missions over my country and I shot one down, I wouldn't give it back.

14. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The USA was lucky to get Gary Powers back

The USA was lucky to get Gary Powers back home, let alone the bits and pieces of the U2 spy plane that came down with him in Soviet territory.

Were I the Iranians, i'd be making the best use of the drone that I could from wherever would be most profitable.....it would be something of an irony if Al Queda or its affiliates used drone technology salvaged from the downed Drone in Iran to strike at the Infidel Americans in their homeland. No need for 747's. No need for suicide pilots. Might as well add toy and hobbyshops as potential terrorist resources.

15. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

16. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

Well to be fair we invaded Russia's quite a lot over the years.

Any chance Obama starts a war to stay in office ? You know the old analogy " Don't change horses in mid-stream "

17. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Syria, Iran, Pakistan.....there are plenty of opportunities to work it

18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Old Indian saying. If you find yourself riding a dead horse, the best option is to dismount.

I'm saying that this is just a horse going through death throws. It's a wiggling but we are not getting anywhere.
    [deadhorse]

Also there is the Wag the Dog thing.

If it's not Ron Paul, it is going to be 4 more years. And if that's the case, Hey WeeGrannyMush, does your neighborhood have any homes/farms for sale for to American Immigrants?

19. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I'd rather send the current misadministration to Mexico or Hell (not much difference), rather than go to Canada myself - not dissing the good Canucks, but HOME is where the heart is.

larryinalabama likes this.
  20. Alpha Dog

Maybe we could trade our Commander and Cheif for our spy plane back we might have to give a little boot but hell.

bountyhunter likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7