Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asia-Off-Grid, Apr 6, 2018.

1. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Fair winds

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm sorry for your family's loss. I hope that he and his grandchildren had good opportunities to know each other, and that your children will have good remembrances of him. My best wishes go to you, and especially your wife and his extended family.

Both my MIL and FIL have passed on for some years now, but I still think of them with much fondness. I learned a lot from the both of them and I am much the better for having had that relationship with them. I dare say it is the same with your FIL.

I hope that your wife navigates the grieving process satisfactorily...I am confident that you will be the support the she and your family will be able to rely upon.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Sorry for you and your families loss. You know sometimes a shared language isn't always a spoken one.

4. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Thanks, chello. They, like so many other Khmer families, suffered under Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, during those years. His eldest children were murdered during that time. Some of the stories I have been told. Some folks probably wouldn't believe them.

Anyway, my wife wan't born until the 1980's, fortunately for her. She also has two elder siblings. Both of them have children. Unfortunately, I no longer can. Got the "snip" in the 1990's. Not the most intelligent decision of my life. The stupid things we do for future ex-wives. :rolleyes:

Oh, we have only been together for just over 5 years. But, knowing her parents have been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I have enjoyed each and every visit they made, to stay with us in the city. (Her mom would get mad because her papa would want to stay here with me, rather than go back to the farm. I miss him very, very much.)

5. Asia-Off-Grid

You folks just have no idea how much your replies mean to me, during one of the saddest experiences of my life.

Chan isn't much on being active on internet forums. She doesn't even use other social media. Loves watching YouTube, though, like a junkie loves shootin' up. As soon as she has a minute, I will show her this thread. I'm quite sure, like me, she will be very appreciative of the membership on this site.

Another mistake I made in my past:- Not being more active here from the day I joined it. Took me some time to do that. But, better late than never, I suppose. My monkey family. Thank you, so very much.

6. sdr

sdr Monkey++

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm sorry about your loss. From your words I can see that he was a very good man.

7. duane

duane Monkey+++

Condolences for your loss. My inlaws were raised in New England, I am from Minnesota, they were raised in a different religion than I was and of course in a different time period. I miss their comments and wisdom and the different approaches they had to life every day and even more so now that they are gone and I realize what they were giving me.

8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

So very sorry to hear of your loss. I too was very close to my in laws before they passed. You have our deepest condolences and prayers Bro.

9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Language is not the connector of souls, merely one form of communication. May the grief you and your family are experiencing be replaced by wonderful memories that you will carry with you always

10. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Praying for you.

11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Don't beat yourself up , Mistakes as you call them are learning operatives . I've learned A -LOT

Sloth

12. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  13. Asia-Off-Grid

Just thought I would share something with you. Although I thought that most Khmers would be cremated, I have learned that many prefer to be buried. Here is the grave site of Papa. I don't entirely understand it, but, they have some sort of celebration at 1 week, and then 100 days, if not mistaken. (Filipinos have a similar event after 40 days of the burial of a loved one.)

I wasn't present when they added the roof, posts, and fencing around the grave site. But, I do hope they cleaned up the rubbish strewn around. (Southeast Asian countries are not known for their respective citizens caring enough to keep them clean. If it weren't for the poor collecting recyclable materials, they would have a much more serious rubbish problem.)

Believe it or not, the fencing is to keep the cows out, that stroll freely around the cemetery - and everywhere else in this country, including on the highways and roads, without interference from people.
    IMG_0425_r. IMG_0427_r. IMG_0429_r.

Ganado, Yard Dart, 3M-TA3 and 7 others like this.
  14. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

May God look over your Father in Law and all who cared for him in these challenging times. May he guide the hearts, hands and mouths of all the community to bring this period to the best conclusion possible after a loss.

1. Asia-Off-Grid
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. aardbewoner
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7