plum crazy lowers

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Witch Doctor 01, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I'm thinkig of building an ar and came across this company www.plumcrazyfirearms.com

does anyone have any experience with their lowers? the price seem right....

2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Never heard of them. There are a lot of AR lowers with good reputation around $100. I would go with a known.

3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Any suggestions?

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

If I am not mistaken, this is a complete ready to shoot lower with all the fire control parts, stock, etc. Aim Surplus has Spikes Tactical stripped lowers for $70.00 and that is the best price I have seen but you still spend another $60.00 for fire-control parts, and anther $100.00 for a stock. If they shoot, buy one and let us know; it is definitely a bargain.

5. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

One of the club members in Baton Rouge, LA is a dealer for plumcrazy. He's sold quite a few lowers to members who range from plinkers to comp shooters. they all gave them good reviews as a plinking lower (non of the comp shooters would recommend them as a competition lower), reliable and fun, very, very, lightweight. They come complete, all you need is an upper. I'm actually gonna be purchasing 2 next month and slap some JSE uppers on them for my kids.

Not that I am anybody with any credible reputation here...yet.. lol

Just giving you what I know about them. I was deciding between them and Spikes.. For my "precision" AR, I am gonna pick up a Bravo Company 16" RCCE.. I did ALOT of research and had input from quit a few comp shooters, tact trainers, ex-mil, and LEO/ex-LEO.. (basically the bulk of the "club" I'm in)..

My last AR was a bushmaster, back in 05 or so, once my kids wanted to start shooting, I sold it and bought some more AK's for them to get familiar with. Now we are getting back into "precision" shooting practices and so are getting back into AR's..

I also have a sig556.. just to be different..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7