PM auctions on Ebay

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by melbo, Feb 21, 2006.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

90% Silver

<script language="javascript" src="http://www.rss-info.com/rss2.php?integration=js&windowopen=1&rss=http%3A%2F%2Frss.api.ebay.com%2Fws%2Frssapi%3FFeedName%3DSearchResults%26siteId%3D0%26language%3Den-US%26output%3DRSS20%26catref%3DC12%26fsop%3D1%26sacat%3D253%26fsoo%3D1%26satitle%3D90%2525%2Bsilver%26from%3DR40&number=20&width=700&ifbgcol=FFFFFF&bordercol=D0D0D0&textbgcol=F0F0F0&rssbgcol=F0F0F0&showrsstitle=1&showtext=1"> </script>

2. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

Melbo

Not sure if you were serious on the PM Ebay postings. But if you want to buy Silver coins/bullion check out this place

Their prices include insurance & shipping...maybe do a bulk purchase with the group?
    :D

3. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

I have dealt with them and they are honest and reliable

4. melbo

linky?

5. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

6. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

You may have had luck with them, but several people over at GIM had a lot of trouble with delayed shipping, outright lies told them on the phone, etc.

Personally, I would be VERY careful of NWTM.

Two I've dealt with and had no trouble, and never heard of anyone that has are:

Tulving Company http://www.tulving.com/goldbull.html

and Don Stott at Colorado Gold/Silver http://www.coloradogold.com/

7. melbo

Thanks.
    Another good place is www.APMEX.com

Did NWT deliver pretty quickly? I've heard of a few delays

8. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

It took 3 weeks from time of order. I have had liberty dollar take 6 weeks so I thought they did pretty good.

What happens, is they get a bunch of orders then run a bunch of coins and then ship. Same at liberty dollar

9. melbo

I think one of the BIG problems I read about was with a $200K order that took months to fill and the return of phone calls was less than what would be expected after a CO reciving a wire of that amount.

And CG, Actually, I buy small quantities off Ebay all the time. Usually 90% at Spot or below.
    I try to buy larger from private sources.

10. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

It's just that the shipping is so expensive from ebay, I just can't justify buying from them. I think I paid .50 cts over spot when i last bought silver from NWTM. My order at the time was well over $200. Anyway, I had good luck with them.

I wish i'd bought one of the bags when they were like 3400.00 ...boy hindsight

11. TnAndy

I wish i'd bought one of the bags when they were like 3400.00 ...boy hindsight

People will be saying the same thing when bags are 50k........"boy, I wish I'd bought when they were under 10k/bag."

12. TnAndy

13. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

i checked out APMEX and they look good. you can buy with credit cards Yeah...love the plastic. And buy the 90%'s in 100.00 face value. That looks like how I would prefer to do it

14. melbo

Yeah. Tulving has some pretty high minimums. Apmex will sell you $1 face...

If you buy a large bag, and pay buy wire, they only charge $19 for shipping.
    Good to see another Silver Bug here CG! :)

15. melbo

Depends... I scour the "90% silver" search on ebay all the time. I am waiting on an $80 face order right now that was under spot w/ free shipping. Smart to figure all of that in.
    Look around and you can find them. Of course, my local flea market has had some pretty good deals as well [boozingbuddies]

16. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[ditto] Quick delivery too.

17. melbo

Ahh. Some nice fat Bars EL?

18. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

They are cool, but probably not as practical or useful in survival mode as pre-65' coins, or 1 oz. bars or rounds. They big bars do look cool though.

19. Jonas Parker

Jonas Parker Hooligan

20. melbo

Good idea to pick up some PMs. I know a lot of folks here don't really buy into the whole Au/Ag thing cuz you "can't eat it" but I stick a few oz of white or yellow metal aside every week. If nothing else, my grandkids will be some happy people when they find 'Old Crazy Grampa Melbos metals stash

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7