PMAG Polymer Magazines

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Yard Dart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Haven't seen them but I understand that they are metal reinforced. Time will tell.

2. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

East meets West, Magpul AKM PMAG review

It is said that Gen 2 WILL have metal tabs.

That being said Toth Tool came would with some metal tabbed US Polymer mags based on the Bulgarian circle 10's.

7.62x39 30rd AK Magazine - Steel Reinforced Polymer

I don't endorse or condone either product, just offering information:)

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

For what it's worth, I just got a pair of pmags like in the East meets West "review" in Magnus' post above (without metal reinforcements.) So far, I've run a full mag only once as a test of reliability, and it ran without fault. So far as longevity goes, or a tendency to wear the locking tabs, well, it's too soon to tell. I'll make some kind of remark when I get a feel for how they are going to hold up. Period correctness is meaningless to me, function is all. That said, I'm going to keep an eye out for comblock mags, and if the price point is close, I'll get a couple for s&g and testing.

4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

5. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

They like to blue metal in that part of the world, and it is very pretty when they do. The East Germans did the same thing.

Guys don't misunderstand me, as I am not knocking anyone's mags. Truth be told the current iteration of polymer magazines haven't be around long enough to really know how well they will hold up for the most part. There are plenty of smart folks at Magpul and they make some really great AR products so I doubt they would put their name on a junk mag. It will all come out in the wash. Ghrit, check SGAmmo...? 10 Pack - 30 Round AK-47 Mag - Used Condition Varies Good to Excellent - Eastern European Military Surplus Steel Magazines | SGAmmo.com

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Got it, thanx mags. Will look.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7