Pole Saw's?

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Gator 45/70, Mar 27, 2019.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If you are going to patent it you might just add a coil to the corner for greater spring retention, but all in all I have not had to modify it since I made it.
    Also the spring is strong enough to support the poll so I can initiate the cut from the bottom of the branch first. thus creating a clean cut no binding or tearing.
    Last thing you want is a branch that tears and hangs there .

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hey @arleigh What kind of Antenna is that in the Background of your PoleSaw Picture?

3. Alf60

Alf60 Monkey+++

I have an echo PPT-230, about 15 years old. It is my go to chainsaw. It telescopes out to who knows how long and you can bet the homestead it will crank. Had to replace the pump bulb on the carb a few times so I keep spares. I used it a lot at the sawmill to cut up the slab wood for the boiler. I think I'm down to about seven chain saws but this is my favorite... Keeps me from having to bend over.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

It is a 2 meter Ringo ranger , but some bird land on the tip and bent it over. now it makes calls around the corner.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

[roflmao]
    [ROFL][lolol]

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

SIR this is Yours ,, I was kidding SIR !
    I have 4 active patent's now , 2 expired .
    I was kidding .
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

For the most part, I agree...but there are times that it's nice to dump in some bar oil, slap in a battery and knock a couple limbs off. My little Ryobi has done well for several years on light stuff...six inch and smaller.

For a pole saw, I use an electric Remington with a 16" bar. It does ok.

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have given away so many ideas in my lifetime it's not worth the trouble .
    All too often come one copies some one else's work and steals the rights and the courts support it.
    American patent courts are a fraud .
    I would much rather give away the ideas and let some one else enjoy the benefits. .
    I am too old to care.

Cruisin Sloth, SB21, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bit of an update
    Picked up the Ryobia 8" at the local Home Depot
    Simply because it's about all they had.
    Charged the battery and hauled the whole shooting match out to my BOL/Camp
    Put it together added oil and proceed to whack about a 12 limbs down, Rather impressive so far.
    A little heavy with the extension bringing the total length to a little over 9 feet.
    Ate thru 2" cedar limbs like butter.
    Seems to like the oil so keep an eye on that part of it, So far on the initial run it's doing everything that I think its capable of for 150.00 bucks
    I can live with that.
    Note to self, Stay your old dumb azz up wind...lol

20190331_163855.

20190331_163850.

10. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

Come on. What do you have against Poles? If you're against guys with a last name of "ski" they might retaliate!

Having said that, check out the Harbor Freight Pole saws...I have one of their battery operated Lynxx chain saws, and it is GREAT! Have not used their 10":Lynxx pole saw version, but if it is as good as my regular battery operated Lynxx, it will be practically bullet proof. Lasts 40 min+ even on the toughest wood.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7