Police Chief begs for Department Ammo......

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BTPost, May 16, 2013.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Police Chief Asks Citizens for Ammo, Gets 1,500 Round Loan Amid Strong Response
    May 16, 2013

By Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr.

As the "Great Ammunition Shortage" continues, police departments across the country are struggling to supply their arsenals. One police chief turned to the community for help, and citizens stepped up.
    In Proctor, Minnesota, police chief Walter Wobig says that his suppliers have told him he'll have to wait "months" for the 1,000 rounds he's requested.
    When Wobig turned to the residents of Proctor by putting out a call for help meeting his department's ammo needs, citizens contacted his office, eager to help.
    "The citizens were like, 'If you need something, we got plenty here,'" said Wobig.
    One resident and a Proctor police officer loaned 1,500 rounds from their personal stockpile to the department.
    The Chief says others offered to help too. "I had several other calls from other citizens that said, 'Hey, if you need more ammunition we have plenty,'" said Wobig,
    The Chief says that when his ammunition order is filled, he will be repaying the citizens for their contributions.

I would put it to this Chief.... "Just what is your position of the 2nd Amendment, and for legal Resident Carry, in your Jurisdiction?" If I was satisfied with his response, then MAYBE, I would think about helping him out. Otherwise, He can "Pound Sand" and his Officers can "Throw Rocks"..... My response takes into account, he is a Police Chief, Beholden to a Politico, for his JOB..... Now if he was a Sheriff, dually ELECTED, by the Residents of his County, that MAY modify my response..... .... YMMV......

tulianr likes this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

He can solicit the county, state or fed for help.... I could not/would not support that request, most likely under any circumstance- from a .gov agency at any level. OPSEC would justify not divulging my available ammo to anyone that may later on want what I have. They would just have knowledge of a good source to confiscate at a later date, if they was in a ammo pickle, post-SHTF....

Now post-SHTF and we were in a co-op defensive community partnership that may be different- but not during normal times in my opinion.
    YMMV

ghrit likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

On the other hand, citizens supplying their own force has a nice ring to it. The second side is that he need not tap dot gov and become a target for inclusion in a troublemaker category. (Keeping his own and his citizen's heads down.)

tulianr, mysterymet and Tracy like this.
  4. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Boolets ? No I got no boolets here. NO!!

CLEO in my town outed himself as a closet anti after the NewTown tradegy.
    The No2 guy's like Barney Fife on too much caffeine with a machinegun.

I wouldn't pee on either of them if they were on fire.

5. I couldn't contribute in good conscience to most departments for reasons that go beyond establishing the local department policies on firearms liberties, as mentioned prior. My "test" for them would go quite a bit beyond Second Amendment loyalty. The government encroaches in far more ways than firearms, and I don't want to be a willing party to supporting those assorted activities.

OPSEC is the lesser of my concerns in this matter. If I was that concerned, I wouldn't be talking about firearms on the Internet at all. I don't view giving them a few dozen or even a few hundred rounds as a likely 'red flag' such that I'd be realistically worried about it. On the other hand, if I were to lend or give them a a few thousand rounds, that might pique unnecessary interest in just how much I have in total if I could 'afford' to be handing out a few thousand rounds (seems a logical question even for relatively non-suspicious minds).

Mountainman likes this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Of the people, for the people, by the people....

tulianr likes this.
  7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Ammo---"ain't go no stinkin ammo". Those boxes are empty and those cans just have tools in them. Got no boolits, powder, or primers---just SOL all the way around.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7