Police say Portland protesters arming for fight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Egads - she's been interviewed by every local newscaster that has a voice and is willing to let her share hers.

They've destroyed the park. LEOs are having to be paid OT.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Couldn't happen to a nicer Gal.... wonder if she was from Eugene, or was just another WannaBee.....

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Looks like she "Paid the stupid tax", as a friend would say. Now the dumb cow is trying to profit by it. [stirpot]

4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Are they still arming to fight?

:D

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

They should just start beheading mouthy protesters so they can't complain later.

Seawolf1090, dragonfly and BTPost like this.
  6. melbo

I wonder if the 'visible' mess the Occupiers are leaving behind is more or less costly to clean up than the Banksters 'hidden' mess of digital paper, derivatives, stolen taxpayer dollars and fraud will be to clean up.

If you could pull the cover off the global money scheme and devise a visual, it might make you vomit.

Disclaimer: I'm neither an occupier nor a bankster.

Mountainman and dragonfly like this.
  7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I know at the Santa Cruz one down in CA, HazMat had to be called in to remove 200lbs of human feces at the OWS camp there...proof that the protestors are full of it!

dragonfly likes this.
  8. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

And did anyone else notice that for all their complaints about the economy/capitalism/greed and the poor people, none of the protestors there are in rags? They all seem to be wearing not-cheap winter wear...yeah, they're suffering all right!

dragonfly likes this.
  9. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Well there goes another keyboard....and cleaning all that coffee off the monitor is gonna be fun!
    IF you insist on this type of post, PLEASE post a "pre-warning"!? You know, like:
    (warning: the image/s you are about to see, may cause disruption and liquids to flow readily, and at high velocity from one's nose and mouth upon exposure! Empty any and all foods from one's mouth, prior to viewing...You have been duly warned!!!)
    What a mess! BUT, I love the pic!

10. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

That made me feel all warm and tingly all over, Ha ha I bet next time see will think twice before she screams at the POlice again. I've also heard that these clean ups are costing the citie's and town's up in the tens of thousands with overtime, and disposel. Thats who it hurts is the citizens of the places their taxes are paying to clean up a mess they had no part in. I don't see why the cities can't seek legal action against the group's.

11. Tracy

Unoccupy Portland is attending all of Occupy Portland's protests. They're not causing problems (yet), but as far as I can tell; agree with peoples' right to peaceably assemble and their right to free speech. It's the damage and costs incurred by the rest of us that have them protesting the protesters. :rolleyes:

It's not their message, nor their cause, it's their methodology. They have caused a financial burden on local taxpayers.

LEO overtime is already over $150K. Damage to the park that they occupied - for far too long, without a permit - has been estimated at over $15K to repair.

They were afforded opportunities that the average Joe wouldn't have gotten away with. If I were to show up in a city park - I'd venture to say in any city - tent in hand, made camp, and then refused to leave when the park "closed"; I would be arrested. Period. They were not. If I was getting stoned in a public park, I would be ticketed (it's Portland, ya' know) and would lose my dope. I can't walk down the middle of the street, in cars' way, without being questioned.

They've closed bridges for their marches. They've caused traffic jams for their marches. Ask 25 different people why they're there - you get at least 20 different answers.

Protests, just for the sake of protesting, mean nothing. It's just a pointless gathering. This organization is unorganized.

If there's a fight to be had, my guess is that it's in the eyes of the media. Drama. These people are "armed", it's because most that remain are part of the homeless culture. They have the same protective devices that they always have had to keep themselves alive on the streets. This is how they live. They moved from under the bridges to go to the occupy site, as there, they had medical tents, kitchen tents, heck even a library tent.

12. melbo

Tracy, have you ever lost your dope?
    lol

Tracy and dragonfly like this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Doubt it. CC is still around, no?

Falcon15, Tracy and dragonfly like this.
  14. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

For shame!
    What you said....

15. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Yep, if they had a clear message/demand and peaceful/logical methods, I might be more charitable towards them. I was in a protest in Seattle, against going to the Middle East after 9/11, and it went very well. We marched with anti-war signs and went to hear speakers in Seattle Center. That's it. Cops were there, but as far as I remember, no arrests/confrontations happened, because some people actually get that protesting war with violence defeats the purpose. Just like protesting the current economic situation/system while using your iPods and the latest fashions, instead of trying to find a job to feed your family or actually helping the poor that are really affected, ruins your credibility.

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's all fine and dandy to tell them to go get a job. Jobs (may have noticed that) are scarce. However, wearing the latest fashions and sporting/carrying the faddish gadgets while raving in the middle of the street does not incite/inspire charity in me, nor does spending my money cleaning up behind them.

17. Tracy

[LMAO] at losing my dope. (shoulda' known - I don't get away with much here)

S'pose you'd have replied similarly if he'd mentioned that he'd lost his bag. ;)

dragonfly and Sapper John like this.
  18. melbo

C'mon, you and Colt are like Willie Nelson. They pull over his tour bus and ask him if he has any pot and he just laughs. It IS Portland, after all.

19. Tracy

Ok. You busted me.

In fact, was thinkin' about not making that sexy turkey dinner this year (do you know how much weed I can buy with just what one dinner costs?!). I'm just gonna' toss out a bowl of Doritos and call it Thanks-cough, cough-giving. :D

[LMAO]

Falcon15, Sapper John and dragonfly like this.
  20. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Could be worse...could be....wild turkey!

Falcon15, Sapper John and Tracy like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7