POLITICAL MONKEY?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brokor, Aug 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I think right now the high percentage of politics is due to that being the most pressing/likely thing we need to fear. I think the current situation here is not far from the start of the bloody revolutions that formed the Soviet Union and the CCP. Prevention is the best way to ensure survival.

I would expect that attention would turn to New Orleans and the other areas impacted by IDA as that not only represents a more likely threat potential, but there are undoubtedly other Monkeys directly impacted along with friends, family, and loved ones. The power outage alone to that many people represents an immediate threat along with loss of food, potable water, medical assistance. Many of these cross over into other disaster strategies for example EMP/CME, earthquake, etc, which could be man made or natural.

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm glad I don't have any political views and stuff.
    On a good note Oddcaliber has texted me, Trees down, roof shingles and siding coming off houses, No power No water.
    He's hanging tough !
    Fk Bi-dum and the party of treason

STANGF150, SB21, GOG and 3 others like this.
  3. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

This is an angle I hadn’t considered. Personally, I’ve eliminated social media 100% for roughly the past year. I’ve found that I pass by a few sites similar to this, and hit a few financial news sites. The reason I read the content here is because I know the people personally, or feel like I do since we’ve shared thoughts over the years. The value of people’s thoughts here are more valuable to me than the Twitter blender.
    With that being said, I believe there are too many cut/pastes with no comment. I might be alone here, but I don’t open up external links, especially if the poster hasn’t put any work into compelling me to open it.
    Thank you for your work as moderators…it is greatly appreciated.

chelloveck, SB21, Brokor and 4 others like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Was wondering about you among others!

SB21, duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I give links, but always quote at least the pertinent content for that reason. There is no question that somewhere your access to various sites will eventually be analyzed by a three letter agency. Also, because many news sources engage in "ghost editing" which can change the pertinent content.

Brokor, duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Absolutely! Every one of our active members are valuable, and your continued help means a great deal. When you folks see a post that is out of place (usually spam), we always receive a report. The challenge on the table now is to see if we can curb the copy/paste links and provide a little detail, and of course post in the correct forum.
    Maybe we will be able to inspire some more gear reviews and survival topics to discuss in the future. We haven't done a giveaway contest in a while, but to be completely honest I never really got much participation in the past so I haven't tried again. All members are encouraged to conduct giveaways provided no personal information is shared unless it's mutually accepted (and usually not), but an Amazon gift card as a prize is a great solution.

7. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I was under the impression that we were supposed to avoid copying others content here and to just provide a link to avoid copyright laws.

Noted and I'll do better at this.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

What I try and do is trim the others Quote in the Quote and Paste function, to just what I am trying to reply about thus limiting the duplication to the relevent issue…

chelloveck, SB21 and ColtCarbine like this.
  9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I don't know how to post links ,, especially from a stupid phone,, which is 99% of my viewing ability. And I have noticed a little shift in this forums posting direction . As I do like to be able to hear from people in the areas where some of these issues of today are happening ,, because we're not going to be getting that info on the 6 PM news these days.
    But I understand everyone's ideas and reasoning on this issue ,,, I'm just happy to be allowed to visit here , and pick up on some ideas i didn't know,, or enhance on the ones i did know.
    Your choice ,, whatever you decide,,, I'll most likely still be here.

Brokor likes this.
  10. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I didn’t intend to point at anybody, CC. Your perspective has always been solid. I think having the links is great, and as you said, it avoids any issues with copyrights.
    I like to know *why* it’s relevant to us, that’s all I’m trying to say.

1. Altoidfishfins
  2. Yard Dart
  3. chelloveck
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Bandit99
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
  10. ghrit
    [IMG] Note the date.
    Thread by: ghrit, Jun 14, 2016, 2 replies, in forum: Politics