Poll: Revolution And Gun Control

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Brokor, May 3, 2013.

1. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

expecting a fight != wanting a fight

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

1. In the event of martial law, no doubt, the electric grid will be shut down as will communications and public media, to all except the powers that be.
    2. Being unable to communicate and coordinate, there will essentially be no organised resistance.
    3. Drones, flying , crawling, swimming or stationary, cannot be fought with deer rifles.
    4. Night vision, FLIR, surviellance cameras on every corner, cannot be avoided.
    5. Your purchases of any firearms related products like flash-hiders from Mid-way, or a sling from Sportsman's Guide, or a cleaning kit from Walmart have been data-based and collated since 2003.
    6. Any attempt at resistance will be painted with a domestic terrorist paint-brush and the Liberal public good crowd will rat you out like a crack-dealer in a kindergarten finger-painting class.
    7. A bunch of us are too stupid to realize any of this and we will die or become imprisoned and vegetized chemically.
    8. Armor, Artillery, and long-range suppression
    9. Not only has every government agency been armed, including the post office and the forestry department, but the police departments in every neighborhood has been consolidated by Federal guidelines that place them directly under FEMA control in the event of a National emergency with the installation of the 911 system and gifts of military hardware.
    10. We have already been conquered and divided.

Brokor likes this.
  3. chimo

better to die on my feet as a free man than to live on my knees like a subject

Mountainman likes this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

yeah, I lived the past 60 years with from my cold dead hands but I have seen too many sheeple just roll right over to believe in it.

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Well, a few years have passed, and no armed revolution. I dare say that the same agonising will continue on for the next few years, and still no armed revolution. Maybe when Clinton finishes her second term as POTUS, and the usual GOP suspects fail to topple the next Democrat president elect, that maybe something more than agonising and angst might take place. Until then.....:sleep:

6. chimo

I'm sure King George III shared your opinion concerning those pesky American colonies.

7. chelloveck

Meh....KGIII was unaware of my opinions about contemporary American wannabe revolutionaries.

Different set of circumstances entirely. I don't view Americans as pesky colonists. A rebellion against one's own domestic government is a different kettle of fish to rebelling against an essentially foreign government who had to transport, and support their expeditionary troops with sailing ships across a very long logistical sea gap.

An armed insurrection, leading to a bloody civil war, would be very welcome to Russia, China, and other countries who'd like to see the USA devouring itself.

8. chimo

Uh, Chell, the British WERE our "domestic government"...till we rebelled and made our own.

Sane people realize that armed rebellion is a last resort that usually ends up with a worse result than what you started with. But that risk will not prevent me from doing what needs to be done anymore than it prevented our forefathers from doing what they felt needed to be done. I don't think you have to be American to understand that...you just have to love freedom more than orderly serfdom.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep, that's a point often missed by our under- (or mis -) educated folks. The King was in charge, nominally, and in the process billeted troops in the citizen's homes, taxed the very goods that went "home" to England as well as the stuff that was imported, and if you take the time to look it up, you'll find a slew of other offenses with which the colonials got fed up.

Brokor likes this.
  10. chelloveck

I did say, "essentially".... the problem that the British had was in not recognizing that a critical mass of colonists considered themselves as Americans rather than as British, and that the remote, government perceived by colonists as essentially foreign, was not representative of Americans and American aspirations. Yes, there were a significant proportion of loyalists who may have felt themselves to be more British than American...and a larger proportion who were uncommitted either way, until it became much clearer that the rebellion would succeed, in which case many became later supporters of the insurrection.

One may love freedom, but may only just end up creating a tyranny worse than the one that one might be attempting to destroy or escape from. The middle class revolutionaries in France, and the working class revolutionaries in Tsarist Russia, overthrew unpopular, oppressive heads of state and governments, with the best and highest of freedom loving intentions....but all that happened was the replacement of one lot of hated authoritarian governments, with a new set of hated authoritarian governments. There is no guarantee that an American neo revolution would actually increase the freedoms of its citizens.

11. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Well...I am no George Washington or Tom Jefferson...or even Tom Paine for that matter.

I won't start a revolution, and I won't encourage others to do so, but I will die before I give up my guns. My home security will give me the opportunity to make sure of that. Though I'd really rather not go there.

[YD][patr]

Mountainman and BTPost like this.
  12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Either you are free, or you are a slave. We cannot have just "a little bit" of freedom. We are subjects to the ruling establishment, or we are free and sovereign citizens. Since we are obviously slaves, then no amount of revolution can be a bad thing. We fight to live free --to co-exist with our brothers and sisters and have liberty flourish.

Ganado, Mountainman and GOG like this.
  13. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Even if you don't feel a civil uprising is called for based on political belief. The fact is we have divided as a country, and chosen 2 opposing sides of roughly equal size. Each seeking to impose its beliefs on the others. This is war waiting to happen. It just required a triggering event or series of events.

14. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Gotta warn y'all....this is getting way too close to publicly advocating.

[peep]

15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

No. But, this was:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

16. chimo

uh, that "critical mass" of colonists considered themselves British subjects...not American revolutionaries right up through the battles of Lexington and Concord. Even after it became an outright armed rebellion, many of the "rebels" thought the most likely outcome would be the Crown backing down...not independence. I won't even get into the large numbers of "loyalists" who actually sided with the British.

Also it was never "clear" that the colonies would win...even after the victory at Yorktown.

Yes, there is no guarantee that any revolution will make things better for those rebelling...but there is also not guarantee that it will not.

1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. oil pan 4
  6. Motomom34
  7. BTPost
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Coyote Ridge
  10. Coyote Ridge
  11. OldDude49
  12. Dunerunner