Pork Roasts On Incredible Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

A supermarket chain here is having a 3 day sale for Valentine's Day, including pork butts for $0.78/lb! WOOHOO!! I've been wanting to dig out @tacmotusn's recipes for sausage and make some maple breakfast sausage and some of his Italian sausage, but wasn't willing to pay more for just the meat to make it than what the actual sausage itself cost. Soooooooo, I picked up a few. Some of them I had split in half.....those I'll season, stuff with garlic and hot peppers, and then vacuum seal and freeze. The others will become sausage. I'm not going to use casings for this since we usually do breakfast sausage patties and use the Italian sausage in spaghetti sauce, lasagna, ravioli, pizza toppings, etc.

We were in SW Louisiana a few weeks ago, so I picked up quite a bit of Cajun smoked sausage, so I'm not going to do any of that.

Anywho, I'm going to be busy with this tonight and part of tomorrow. @tacmotusn, thanks for all the recipes!

Kajun

Hanzo, Seepalaces, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I'm already hungry.

Seepalaces likes this.
  3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

My pleasure. Enjoy

Seepalaces likes this.
  4. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

It's been a busy day and a half. Last night, got the half roasts seasoned and put in the freezer. Today was cutting meat off the bone of the other 2 and seasoning, grinding, putting into vacuum bags and sealing them. I find the flavor is better if I add the seasonings to the chunks of meat and then grind rather than add seasonings after grinding. Anywho, I ended up with 7 lbs of the maple breakfast sausage and 5 lbs of the Italian sausage. WOOHOO!

This hasn't been all work, though. Sweetie and I took the Beretta .22's out to the range today for an hour and a half. We've been working on her getting proficient. Today we worked on switching targets. I had one target holder with 5 balloons, one with two multi person outlines, an orange circular target and 3 golf balls. Last time we went out, Sweetie did great! Last time, I had her switch her stance and how she was holding the pistol, refreshed her memory on how to sight the target. She did awesome! Today, she did even better. The first 5 shots, she took out 5 balloons about 12' away. :D Then she played bouncy ball with the golf balls, hitting 3 out of 5 shots from about 8' away. Then she shot the outline targets. We practiced more and I would call out which target to hit after each shot. She did amazing! Her finale was a balloon about 6" in diameter that had escapes and lodged against the berm about 25' away. This was her last shot of the day and she nailed it! Wow! WTG, Sweetie!

Anywho, afterwards we went and got her some Valentine's Day flowers and then back home to finish packaging the sausages for the freezer and finding space for them. All in all a great day and a half.

Kajun

kellory likes this.
  1. JC Refuge
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. jefferson
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Dunerunner
  6. ditch witch
  7. Ganado
  8. Hillbilly549
  9. Zimmy
  10. chelloveck