Portable Campfire Log

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Motomom34, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Am making the comparison between buying (chooks that can be neck chopped at will, and rentals that when becoming unproductive or unwanted (because the fad or novelty has worn off) can be returned to the lessor for disposal. I'd prefer to buy rather than rent chooks and associated poultry Ikea accessories. I'm surprised someone hasn't thought of hire purchase Thanksgiving Turkeys, pan roasted over TimberTote logs ;)

Aeason and Motomom34 like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Thanks for the reminder - Girls And Logs thread coming right up...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As a side note, one of the political parties has been rumbling that chainsaws should be outlawed since nobody needs more than an axe to cut wood. The belief is that nobody needs the high capacity cutting provided by a fully automatic chainsaw (cuts continuously when the trigger is held down). California and Massachusetts are racing to see who can outlaw these environmental nightmare devices first.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

What a nice double bit that girl has....:rolleyes:

Hults Bruk Motala Double Bit Axe

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Oy. Maybe time to re-title this and move it --

3M-TA3 likes this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

On a serious note I would buy those for suburban friends/relatives if they were a bit cheaper. Even though I can easily make a Swedish torch, these would go ever better for suburbanites.

GrayGhost likes this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

*Facedesk* we have created another monster!

chelloveck and kellory like this.
  7. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

Yes we are. If thats the way we get our fire and raise livestock then we are in some serious problems. Also I didnt mean to highjack your thread. But I think I meet someone that would rent chickens. The UPS drive came to drop some stuff off at the house, I opened the gate and then closed it. He asked why I closed it he said that he would have to go back out it. I told him that I had chickens and didnt want them to get out. When he left he looked over at the coop and said what is that, their house, I kind of chuckled then said yes its the coop. He said do they just go in at night, I said yes they figured it out pretty fast. I said that we put them in there and left them in a few day before we left them run around the yard and they figured out that where they go at night. All I could think was would you like to rent some chickens..lol.

Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

No, I expect them to take their male posts elsewhere.

chelloveck likes this.
  9. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Why? It's a free area.

10. kellory

Because she is the OP, and it's her thread. (And it is off topic);)

11. chelloveck

Because

[​IMG]

Some axes are not better than others....or better in ways that are unappealing ;)

A variation on a theme of packaged self combusting wood stoves....
    [​IMG]
    Burnie Grill

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I don't see how it matters who the OP was. Once posted, it becomes the property of the group, as a discussion.

I really like the log idea. Not sure If I would use it, but I can definitely see the uses. I like the idea of using it as a light source, not sure about how well it would cook.

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Why? Because we have girls & guns and about 3 other let's throw up scanty clad women threads. Personally, I do not care for the female exploitation threads so I do not go there. This is about a log and other goof ball products that yuppies buy.

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Things You Didn’t Know You Could Rent
    OK, I admit, you may have actually know about some of these, but if you knew about all of them, you should really find a hobby. Here are 10 things you may want to consider renting that you probably didn’t know you even could rent…

1. Dresses
    With sites like Rent the Runway and Lending Luxury, it’s easy and affordable to rent a dress instead of buying it. In those times when you’re only going to wear it once, why let it take up the closet space?

2. Textbooks
    Go to Book Renter or Chegg to find cheap textbooks for rent. Book Renter even offers free shipping. Renting text books makes sense most of the time, since you’re likely never going to open the book again after your class is over. If only this was around back in the day!

3. Camera Lenses
    Lens Rentals and Borrow Lenses allow you to rent camera lenses. It’s great for one-time needs. You can also use them to try out an expensive lens before you fork over the money.

4. Parking Spaces
    Just Park lets you search for parking spaces in crowded cities and rent them straight from the site. If you have extra space in a busy city, you may want to consider putting your parking space up for rent.

5. Caskets
    Yes, you can rent a casket. Funeral homes now provide many options to save people money…this is one of them. How does it work? The body is placed in a simple wooden box, then placed inside a fancy, expensive casket for the funeral. Once the funeral is over, the body is buried in the simple wooden box. Weird? Or convenient? You decide. I say - eeewwww.

6. Dogs
    Usually, this is just weird. However, there are time when it makes sense. Borrow My Doggy allows you to rent a dog when you need a companion. If you really need a companion, you may just want to buy a dog, but you do have the option to rent if the need arises. You pay an annual subscription fee to be able to search the list of available dogs and schedule your “Welcome Woof”.

7. Wives
    This is borderline sexist and technically, you’re not actually “renting a wife”. Rent-A-Wife is a maid service that claims to let you “rent a wife”, but it’s really just a hired hand…that happens to only be women. Yeah, no thanks...

8. Friends
    This may sound sad at first, but it’s actually a neat idea. Rent a Friend lets you rent someone to attend an event with you, introduce you to new people or just to hangout. I thought was why we had politicians....

9. Jeans
    One trend that’s becoming especially popular in Europe, according to The Wall Street Journal, is jean rental. Right now, you can rent jeans on a 12-month lease. You simply put down 20 euros as a deposit and then pay 5 euros a month until your lease is up. Then you can either buy them for an additional 20 euros, exchange them for another pair or simply return them.

10. Christmas Trees
    If you want a real tree for Christmas, but you don’t want to mess with driving to the farm, chopping it down and loading it on top of your freshly washed SUV, you can just rent one. The Living Christmas Company will let you rent one of their trees and they will deliver it right to your home. The tree remains potted, so you’re required to water and care for it. As long as the tree is still green and healthy when they pick it up, you get your deposit back.

Yup - crazy would we live in today....

chelloveck, kellory and Motomom34 like this.
  15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That just seems so wrong. It amazes me because that is so materialistic, keeping up with the Jones.

16. chelloveck

AS interesting as attractive, objectified, scantily attired, women are to some men, (and quite possibly some lesbian or bi sexual women), not everyone finds it interesting or appealing....in much the same way that if content similar to https://www.survivalmonkey.com/thre...y-fellows-and-fish-fetishists-nff-nsfw.52452/ were to constantly appear in just about every thread or post (regardless of relevance), I think I'd be quickly invited to a necktie party....with me being fitted with a very snug necktie.

Don't get me wrong, I have no prejudice against titty bars, and have enjoyed the occasional schooner in such places, but if every bar in town is a titty bar...then the novelty soon wears of, and it just becomes titty bar tedium. Besides, there are plenty of other places where titillation can be found, if that is one's preoccupation. ;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Motomom34 likes this.
  17. kellory

Wait, :eek: no titty-bars? Oh man....:([​IMG]

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is a cool set up. What a great idea to feed the calves. Nice find @kellory

kellory likes this.
  19. kellory

I should delete it....it is, after all, a titty-bar....:rolleyes:

Motomom34 likes this.
  20. chelloveck

That ain't no titty bar...it be a nippleodeon for thirsty calves. Clever bit of dairy engineering though.

Motomom34 and kellory like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7