Portable Campfire Log

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Motomom34, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

as to your fire log, it is copywrited and all Rights reserved. I shall not be making any for sale. (Since you know, I will not voluntarily violate copywrites or patents).
    However, this is nothing more than a dry log with horizontal and vertical bored holes, that allow airflow. With a saw, brace and bit, I could make my own in a few minutes. And I have no need of thier fire starter, or carry handle. The tools would weigh less than one log and I could make an endless supply as needed.

chelloveck likes this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@AxesAreBetter
    Read the CoC where it says:
    "Please do not 'Hijack' a thread into a totally different direction than was intended by the original thread author. If you start to stray beyond a reasonable margin, consider starting a new thread."
    Understand that minor deviations with a return to the original thread topic is tolerable. Arguing over whether it is a deviation is not, that is the OP's and mods decision.

oldawg, Yard Dart and chelloveck like this.
  3. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Maybe along with that....if they are willing, teach them the skills needed to make fire without a pre-fabled product.

chelloveck likes this.
  4. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

It is convenient...I'm sure they sell well, especially in this gotta have it now society.

I've been in king soopers now a few times when people are looking at these, and it makes me chuckle. But it does have a place in the consumer market. Some people lack the skills, the time, willingness, energy, etc to make a fire themselves. These are the one who will buy this.

I could see my mom, in her later years now, using this. Although I'd rather make her a bunch of them than purchase manufactured ones.

As a bonus, I'd get the brownie points cuz her favorite son made it for her!

chelloveck and ghrit like this.
  5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Kudos, about time someone said it.

@kellory
    Don't laugh:
    From: The 9 Dumbest Fads Ever to Make Money | BC Business

kellory likes this.
  6. kellory

I know, I know, I have my own next pet rock to finish....

7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

For a slingshot? :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't own one; however, I sure would sell them. ;)

kellory likes this.
  8. kellory

Nope. (Ain't telling, yet);)

9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

My guess would be an aerodynamic efficient rock with a high ballistic coefficient. ;););)

kellory likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7