portents of thing to come?

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by CATO, May 11, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Pretty scarey stuff. I am sure that they are passing this off as a means to collect taxes and abate the problems that their government spending ans social programs have causeed the country. I am also sure that this is true to a major extent. However, the notion that the tracking of these purchases is now mandatory simply creates another medium for "Big Brother" to keep an eye on what the people are doing.

I still believe that things can be done such as multiple transactions from 2,499EU to beat the system. That is actually what people in the US do at banks. I don't know if you already knew this or not. But, cash withdrawals of over $10,000 require a federal document being signed and filed by the bank, usually without the consent or knowledge of the account holder. It is also common practice for some of these banks to track anything that is $7,500 or more for their own records. This is done, once again, without the knowledge of the account holder and filed by the teller or branch manager with the internal audit department.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7