Portland Protesters Burn Bibles, American Flags in the Streets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Aug 1, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

OK this seems both political and religious yet not really so? I guess move it where it belongs?

interesting developments here... as one person said...

"I don’t know what burning the Bible has to do with protesting against police brutality"

others in the comment sections and in the article said more...

Portland Protesters Burn Bibles, American Flags in the Streets

2. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

They might want to be very careful about pissing off God. It usually does not work out well in the long run.

mysterymet, Dunerunner, GOG and 4 others like this.
  3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

They're Marxists. Their end game is no religion, no business, no freedom of speech, basically nothing but activism and being miserable. Also, since they failed to get the reaction they wanted from the police, this might rile up some of the religious folks enough to bring them in swinging so they can get their faux victim footage.

4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Hehe...I bet they would have shut that down quickly if it were korans being burned

Alf60, OldDude49, TXKajun and 8 others like this.
  5. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

That Freedom is a two way street

Tully Mars, mysterymet and Oddcaliber like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Yes, illegal to read them in a church because COVID, but to burn in a non-permitted "protest" because of the same Constitutional Amendment that allows freedom of religion.

The hypocrisy by our political leaders in big cities is stunning. Perfectly fine to paint Black Lives Matter anywhere you want, but dare to write Black Pre-born Lives Matter in chalk on a sidewalk and off to jail you go

DC police make arrests for 'defacing private/public property' (no, not rioters or statue vandals -- students writing a sidewalk chalk message outside a Planned Parenthood)

7. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

My biggest challenge these days is to maintain my balance spiritually and emotionally.

I am dealing with cold anger now, the quiet kind that has patience. Maybe it comes from getting old and seeing the country, the home I love, the home I served, be destroyed from within.
    I'm not alone, most likely there's millions of us just patiently standing by.

I expect things to ratchet up to eleven before the election. The left is desperate and will pull out all the stops to steal it.
    If they can't steal it, they'll declare the results fraudulent and pretty much launch their own government or at least make the attempt.

So I figure we have until November 4th before DC turns into Lexington.
    Until then I'm doing my best to put on the full Armor of God, I need all the help I can get.
    I sold my cloak and bought a sword many decades ago.

Stay safe friends.

8. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Yep, let them publicly burn copies of the koran and watch the fireworks!

TinyDreams, GOG and OldDude49 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7