post of the one positive outcome of the election

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Nov 5, 2008.

1. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

Re: postof the one positive outcome of the election

Wisconsin's state constitution says that marriage is between a man and a woman. Yet in 2004 we, for some reason, had a vote on whether or not to make gay marriage ILLEGAL in the state... [beat]

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Yes, they showed, Jesse Jackson crying on election day after the results started to come in, He wasn't busting with pride; race baiting Suckah was out of a job nov 5th[beat]

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Couldn't the same be said for Rev. Wright, what is he going to preach about now.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAYe7MT5BxM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAYe7MT5BxM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

What's the difference between apathy and ignorance?
    "I don't know and I don't care".:lol:

5. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I think it's funny in a disturbing sort of way what happened in this election. American Blacks came out in record numbers to vote a black man into our highest office. Doing this, they felt that it was symbolically, if nothing else, ending an era of limited citizenship, be it real or imagined. Slavery ended a long time ago, as it should have, then they got the right to vote, the right to marry, the right to be treated equally under the law, as it should be.
    Then, last week, at the same time, they voted overwhelmingly to take the right to marry away from another group of people in several states.

Seems odd, doesn't it?

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Yea, seems a little queer to me[beat]

7. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Gas is back down where it should be. Bush /Cheney is out. Man they were expensive. People aren't arguing on the forums any more. Stores are selling a heck of alot of guns. Obama just found out there is no wealth to redistribute. Maybe my nephew will get out of Afganistan sooner. The spirit stirred by Ron Paul lives on. This is an approved message. [boozingbuddies][beat][kneelsuckers][beer][sheep]

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The single biggest positive in the very short term is, NO more insipid election ads popping up on TV and the Internet. barry was spending dollars on advertising like an 18 year old virgin at his first strip joint.... [lolol]

Last I read, some 1.5 BILLION dollars was wasted by all concerned on the ELECTION.

That money could have done far more good ealsewhere.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7